What we'll do:
• 10 Minutes to introduce everyone to the group and make announcements. We want to know who you are, what you do, language or technology focus, and what you're looking to get out of this group in the future.
• Community announcements, e.g. starting the new IT-support program at Orange Ulster Boces next week, Newburgh Girls Code Club Spring cohort progress.
• Then we will dive into talks which will range from 15-45 minutes with time for questions at the end.
- Our own startup founder Daniela Marquez is coming with UX-driven topic: she will walk the group through both map technology and UX decisions used to build the flower shopping experience on lovingly.com (appropriate timing for Valentine's Day too!)
- the special guest from Albany: community broadband champion Art Ware will discuss the Upstate NY’s Communications Infrastructure Profile.
- and the last but not the least - Lev Tsenovoy will share his experience finding his first junior developer job sharing his tips and tricks.
• We will also discuss and plan next steps and topics. Spoiler: more Python is expected!
• Brainstorming ideas for Hudson Valley Tech Festival 2020: choosing Priority Action Areas for the Hackathon.
• What to bring
Laptops to work. Questions to ask. Projects to collaborate. Skills and ideas to share. Business cards to exchange.
• Important to know: Coding Club is a volunteer-based activity. We are looking forward to meet local techies and web pros as well as total novice who is interested to start this Coding/WebDev journey. We will work together as community to help each other to learn and grow.