What we're about
This is a group for those that are interested in the idea of creating and maintaining simple websites! It's for those that want to learn from the very beginning how to build a modest personal or company website. This group might also be a good fit for those that need some help improving or fixing their existing (simple) website.
In todays competitive landscape having your own website is absolutely crucial if you or your company have something to say or something to sell!
Building your own website can also be immensely satisfying and rewarding and doing so can often save you quite a bit of money!
So, if you've been wanting to learn a little a bit of HTML & CSS or some WordPress to create your very own website to tell the world who you are and what you have to say or sell, then joining this group might be a great place to start!
Some of our Meetups will be simple fun social knowledge sharing Meetups i.e. "free". Other Meetups will also be "paid" events for those that are wanting to learn various skills or need specific help.
Teaching will be done in English. If however there is enough demand, I would be happy to do some events in Bahasa :)
As long as one is willing to learn, has a decent laptop along with some basic computer skills, it really isn't that hard or expensive to get a decent website up and running!
The idea is to keep it all simple and understandable and fun.
We will be catering to the needs of complete beginners up towards a slightly intermediate level. This is NOT a group for hard core geeks nor is it a substitute for those needing the services of a professional web developer or web development team for their websites as there are plenty of these types of groups here in Meetup already!
Social Meetups will most likely be held at Nu Sentral ( beside KL Sentral ) or Sasana Kijang ( the Bank Negara Museum ). Paid Learning Meetups will most likely be held at a friends house in Section 5 Petaling Jaya ( near the EPF Building )
Girls & Ladies are encouraged to join in too!
Look forward to you "enrolling" in...!
P.S. If you are a member of too many groups, we will decline your membership request. We write this having just received a membership request from someone who only just joined Meetup 2 weeks ago yet he / she is already a member of almost 200 Meetup groups! Yesterday we received another similar request. The idea behind Meetup is that you join a group to show up folks!
1. The organiser of this group reserves the right to implement at any later date, should the situation or need arise, various guidelines and codes of conduct for it's members to abide by.
2. This page was first edited 23 Jan 2016
3. This page was last edited 16 Feb 2016 to make it clearer that this group is aimed towards people just starting or people who know nothing but want to get started.
4. This page was last edited 18 Feb 2016 to let people know that if we feel that you are joining with little intention of actually showing up at our Meetups (due to the fact that you are a member of too many groups), we will decline your membership request.
5. This page was last edited 4 May 2016 to change the name of the group from "Website Building School - Kuala Lumpur" to "Website School - Kuala Lumpur" and to change the url of the group.