What we’re about
People enthusiastic about all things photography. This group is for anybody that loves to take photos, share knowledge and meet up and point and shoot.
If you are organizing a class, event, club meeting, photo walk or are just looking for somebody to have a beer with and talk about photography feel free to join.
Any off topic or commercial solicitation for services will be frowned upon. Hosting a fee based workshop or class is OK but no blatant advertising of services.
Upcoming events (2)See all
- Photo Talk Coffee - GrandvillePanera Bread, Grandville, MI
CHECK LOCATION - 44th & Kenowa Look for us Upstairs!
We sit and talk like we know a lot about Photo Stuff.
- Sometimes we show stuff (gear) we got
- Sometimes we talk about techniques and stuff
- Sometimes we show images (digital & Print)
- Sometimes we fiddle with cameras.
-- Ya never know
- STPH – Water Drop PhotographyMike Mitchell's Studio, Conklin, MI
Join the Second Tuesday Photo Huddle (STPH) and experiment with capturing the splash of the collision of Water Drops. This is a fascinating exploration that often produces unexpected and unique images.
We will have a few stations set up for folks to use with some different backgrounds. We'll provide assistance at the setups as we go along.
What you will need:
- A camera capable of operating in 'Bulb' Mode
- a Lens with capable of reasonably close focusing (it doesn't need to be a Macro, but it helps)
- Folks have had good framing with about a 100mm focal length
- Tripod - Bring yours if you have one, if not we have some
- Speedlight - Bring yours if you have one, if not we have some
- Patience - This is not an exact science and the variables that produce the collision of drops can sometimes change. :)