>> ATTENTION: THIS MEETUP IS ON A SATURDAY AT NOON! <<
This is our advanced topics (developer) meetup. You should come on out but be prepared to participate as we go round-table style to get you all the best knowledge and developer tricks out there.
The WordPress Pasadena Developer Meetup is distinct from the General WordPress Pasadena Meetup in that we'll be pursuing more developer-oriented topics for discussion and presentation. Presentations and feedback are awesome and highly encouraged! Feel free to post in the comments if you already have a topic in mind you'd like to share. We're still experimenting with the exact format and would love to hear your feedback in this next meeting!
This meetup is for a discussion of topics pertaining to WordPress development. See our guidelines below.
< What's it about? >
We're definitely talking about WordPress, but we'll be discussing developer-specific topics. If you would like to attend, we strongly encourage you to enrich the discussion by briefly sharing on a topic of your choice surrounding WordPress development. Discussion on your topic should last anywhere from 5-10 minutes and can include sharing your screen although sharing your screen is not a requirement.
< Who's it for? >
Our meetup is inclusive first and foremost. HOWEVER, it is not for everybody and it's not intended to be. Both experienced and new-coming developers are encouraged to share their expertise and experiences in the form of code samples or some type of demo.
What if I'm a beginner? Please attend, you're welcome here! We do expect you to follow and respect our rules below.
* If you want an interactive guide, see the Advanced WordPress Contribution Wizard. (Link (http://www.advancedwp.org/awp-contribution-wizard/))
The Developer Meetup is an inclusive group. BUT this meetup is NOT for everybody and it's not supposed to be. We will abide by the following rules:
• If you have a question, please research it before you bring it to the meetup. Google it, check it on Stack Exchange, do YOUR homework. This isn't a general tech support group. There are great places for that sort of stuff, this group isn't one of them.
• DO NOT sell your products or services to the group. It's not welcome. There are other meetups for just that sort of thing. This is not one of them.
• EVERYONE WILL PRESENT A TOPIC—as time permits, of course (be concise). We do expect everyone to participate if you show up.
• Acceptable topics to present on—
• Any type of web/WordPress development tool you're working with or having problems with. If sharing a problem, share what you've done to troubleshoot, please. Sharing your code is encouraged.
• A walk-thru of a theme or plugin you have personal experience with using. Share your experiences with us; the good, the bad, and the ewwww.
• A problem or bug you're dealing with. Again, share what you've done.
• Well-researched questions about general WordPress usage and strategy. I will ask you what you've done in your research thus far. If you haven't researched it, your question will be skipped.
Reference: Advanced WordPress Contribution Wizard (http://www.advancedwp.org/awp-contribution-wizard/)
< / RULES >
What makes for a good topic in this Meetup? I don't know. Ten different people will have ten different answers. We're not into policing what is and isn't strictly appropriate; however, if it involves code on the screen or larger discussion about DevOps or front-end solutions, it will almost certainly be a win!
Also, let's have fun!