The WordPressKC organizing team has received a great deal of interest in hosting a WordPress Beginners Help Desk panel. So on September 11, 2018, we will do just that.
ABOUT THE FORMAT
Our time will begin with remembering and honoring the 2,983 people who lost their lives in the attacks of September 11, 2001. We will then use the next 90 minutes to answer some of the most common and frequent questions that beginners have when learning WordPress. Topics include installing, setup, plugins, where to go for help, hosting and more.
The expert panel is made up of your WordPressKC organizers: Kristin Falkner, Dave Navarro, Jim Grant, Travis Pflanz, Jeff Potts and Karissa Skirmont.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR QUESTIONS
Use the form on http://bit.ly/wckc-2018-09-11
Submit a new form for each question you have.
We encourage you to submit your question(s), using the form linked above, no later than September 10, so we can have some answers already prepared.
In order to answer as many questions as possible, we’ve setup a few ground rules for the evening:
* Priority will go to questions submitted before Sep. 10 by people who are also attending the event.
* We plan to spend approximately 10 minutes per question. Some answers may be quicker. We aim to answer 15-20 questions for the night, more if time allows.
* We reserve the right to pass on questions the panel feels are too technical for beginners, or that will clearly take more than 10 minutes to answer thoroughly.
* Questions may be answered by one or all of the panelists, depending on time and expertise.
* If your question is not answered during this event, we hope to be able to point you in the right direction or offer follow-up email answers when possible.
* A panelist may call “time’s up” on a particular question. Please understand we strive to answer as many questions as possible during our limited time.
So get your questions in and plan to attend on September 11 for what should be a fun, and informative exchange! If this format proves popular and successful, WordPressKC may plan additional panels focusing on more advanced questions, or that deal with a particular scope or topic.
• Networking - Chat with other group members: 7pm
• Member introductions: 7:15pm
• Presentation: ~7:30pm
• Q&A: Immediately following presentation
• Chat and talk shop: Following Q&A, up until 9pm
Connect with WordPress KC
• Website - http://wordpresskc.com
• Newsletter - http://wordpresskc.com/newsletter
• Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/WordPressKC/
• Twitter - https://twitter.com/wordpresskc
• Instagram - http://instagram.com/wordpresskc