addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

WPGR - Grand Rapids WordPress Meetup Message Board › Looking to learn about eCommerce? Start right now!

Looking to learn about eCommerce? Start right now!

Brian R.
user 13012203
Grandville, MI
Hey everyone!
This month our meetup is focused on WordPress + eCommerce. On April 17, starting at 6pm, we'll be talking about the basic (but important) decisions you need to make before getting started (SSL, Payment Gateways, Choosing a Platform, Taxes, Digital vs Physical Products, Single vs Recurring Payments), and also about the various platforms that are available to you.
You should stop what you're doing right now and RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/wpgrandrapids/events/88160832/­
In addition to that, I wanted to tell you that WPSessions.com­ is also focusing on eCommerce this month. There are two different live sessions you can attend, and the first one starts tonight.
This weekend's session is "eCommerce for Site Owners" and next weekend's session is "eCommerce for Developers". Both sessions will focus on the four most popular eCommerce platforms for Wordpress and feature well-known WordPress experts from the community, in some cases the actual developers of the eCommerce platforms. Between the two sessions we'll walk through setup, installation, usage, and deep dives into developing with/on top of each platform. Plus, because the events are live, you can ask questions to the presenters and other attendees. It's really a lot of fun.
BONUS: Because I'm the person in charge of these events, and because you're all my blood, I've created a discount code exclusive to WCGR. Just use the code wcgrecommerce at checkout and save $10 on either (or each) event. You can use the links below to get your tickets:
eCommerce for Site Owners: wpsessions.com/sessions/ecommerce-site-owners/­
eCommerce for Developers: wpsessions.com/sessions/ecommerce-for-developers/­
If you have any questions about this month's meetup, or WPSessions, I'd be happy to answer them. Hope to see you out this month!
- Brian (on behalf of your other awesome co-organizers)