We chose the title from the Spice Girls song “Wannabe” as it really gets to a key question we don’t often get asked and don’t always know the answer to! If we don’t really know what we want, then where does that leave us?
We will be working with Betty Martin’s Wheel of Consent model. The thing we love about the Wheel is that whilst one can understand it at an intellectual level it is only when you experience it you really understand it. We both can truly say that using the Wheel has been life changing in all aspects of our life. Yes it is that powerful! So we are delighted that we have been able to work with Betty herself in devising this workshop.
This day workshop:
• Is clothed.
• Is experiential – you will have the opportunity to practice and explore in a safe environment. It is only in the experience of touch that it will make sense.
• Respects your boundaries – you never have to touch or be touched by anyone or anywhere you don’t want to. In fact, you will be shown how to be clearer about that for yourself and learn tools that help you to express your boundaries.
• Supports you improving your confidence and strengthen communication skills, particularly in asking for what you truly want.
• Allows you start right where you are, whether you are new to the idea or wildly experienced, it doesn’t matter. Wherever you start, you will find a new level of awareness.
• Gives you a game to take home that allows you to play with this within your boundaries which is fun and that you can make sensual, playful or any other quality you wish to bring to it.
So come and join us and find out, amongst other things, what you want, what you really, really want!
The doors will open at 9.30 am for registration and the event will start at 10.00 am. It is recommended that you bring your own lunch with as we have a relatively short lunch as we have a lot to fit in! Also please bring a blanket.
The cost is as follows (please see our refund policy):
Early Bird: £75 Offer ends midnight Wednesday 31st May.
Full Price £90
There are a limited number of concession tickets available. Please message us on Meetup if you think this applies to your circumstances.
Payment can be made by RSVPing "Yes" and using PayPal or alternatively, to save on booking fees, you can transfer the money to the below account and message us to add you to the event.
Payment bank account details: Sort Code:[masked], Account No:[masked].
Please put your Meetup name in the reference field when paying your money.
From 6.15 pm we are running our signature conscious touch conscious cuddles workshop which will give you the opportunity to embody all that you have learned during the day whilst also sinking into some delicious connecting touch. If you sign-up for both workshops we will offer you a combined discount of £10. See here (https://www.meetup.com/Manchester-Spirituality-Sexuality-and-Shamanism/events/237780950/) for the full details - conscious cuddles workshop (https://www.meetup.com/Manchester-Spirituality-Sexuality-and-Shamanism/events/237780950/).
Connecting in Love & Peace
Elara & Jon
PS Please note this workshop is being advertised in other media.