Are you interested in, or already a part of the zero waste movement? This meet-up group provides community support and information for people looking to reduce their reliance on unsustainable single-use, disposable plastic and to circumvent the production of waste. For more information visit https://zerowastexchange.org/
Let's share personal experiences and strategies for going zero waste over a cup of tea, or coffee.
We welcome English and German speakers!
* * *
Building a Zero Waste Community
I am seeing in my own experience that transitioning to zero waste requires an arsenal of tools like creativity, determination, guts and a lot of support. Fortunately, there is a growing international network of people looking to make the transition to zero waste more attainable. There is something powerful that happens when a group of people gather together for a common goal, which in this case is to moderate the impact of our consumerism upon the natural world.
Our meetup is for the purposes of meeting new people, sharing common interests, brainstorming creative projects and, in the future, getting together to make our own zero waste kitchen and bathroom products in workshop settings.
Themes for our discussions can include, but are not limited to:
• The 5 "R's" of Zero Waste: Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Rot
• Alternatives to plastic in the food and restaurant industries
• The limits of recycling
• Bio-Plastics - are they really any better than plastic?
• Composting - indoor worm composting versus outdoor garden composting?
• Zero Waste shopping
• Bulk shopping
• Food rescue
• Community awareness projects
• Sustainable fashion
• Clothing swaps
• Making your own personal care products, cosmetics and cleaning products at home
• Ocean, lake and river clean-up initiatives
• The need for self-compassion when our efforts meet blocks
• Navigating the challenges that arise before/during/after a transition to zero waste