The General Vision of A Friend's house
1. Start off and do one thing well. Call people to the Bible, to meet together and then see what God does.
2. Study the Bible. use teaching DVDs and small group discussion.
3. Meet on Tuesday evenings. The plan is meet at one church and then rotate to the next.
4. Seat participants around tables and emphasize group discussion.
5. Envision “A Friend’s House.” -- “On Tuesdays, I go to a Friend’s house for a Bible Study.”
6. Be open to all singles (but targeted to those in their 30s and up) and publicize at other local churches
Our Goals and Values
1. We want to connect singles to God and connect singles with singles for Christian fellowship. We believe singles should be integrated with the church body but just like with married, singles have unique needs and relationships.
2. Bible lessons will not necessarily be “singles” topics but Bible lessons, targeted toward singles. The study isn’t about singleness but a Bible study with singles.
3. We don’t want to offer something like “go in the room of 200 people and find a friend.” We want a safe natural environment for people to meet that isn’t forced.
4. We want leadership to be from several churches but all leaders are known and accountable to their home church.
5. Support and not compete with other singles ministries in the city.
6. Do one thing well and not branch to other ministries areas until God directs and provides leaders to expand. Start with a singles Bible study and then be open to God leading. We want to manage people’s expectations. Don’t want to over promise or over burden anyone or any church.
7. We want to be sensitive to the un-churched but the target is believers. John 15:14 - "You are my friends if you do what I command."
8. Open to leaders who are married who want to assist.
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About Gary Thomas||March 20, 2014 5:56 PM||Lana T.|
|The Circle Maker||August 24, 2012 2:22 PM||Lana T.|
|Soul Detox||July 14, 2012 10:07 PM||Lana T.|
|Tommy Nelson||April 3, 2012 6:07 AM||Lana T.|
|Vintage Jesus||November 25, 2011 9:12 PM||Lana T.|
|John Ortberg||November 25, 2011 8:24 PM||Lana T.|
|More on Matt - Matt Chandler||February 16, 2013 5:37 PM||Lana T.|
|About Northside Indy - A Friend's House - For Christian Singles||January 15, 2014 7:34 AM||Lana T.|