Thanks to everyone who came last night and made our first meet up a success! We had a great turn out - 12 members plus Andy Clarke came along to Chapter for drinks and discussion.
A few things were decided/floated:
1. We won't always review a book.
2. Some months we'll set a discussion topic and post a list of blogs or online articles to read.
3. Chris Bangs and James Downes have offered their services as assistant organisers.
4. We'll meet every other month at 6.30pm (for a drink), with a 7pm start for discussion.
5. Chris will look into sharing his Delicious links with us or setting up a UX Bookclub Cardiff Delicious account.
6. James is going to contact Lou Rosenfeld from Rosenfeld Media and New Riders to get the ball rolling with discounts.
7. Don't forget that we're reviewing Cennydd's book in November. It's out next week and you can pre-order your copy on Amazon
8. Chapter might not be such a great venue due to the noise. We talked about Bar Cwtch in the Bay for next meeting. I'll set up a discussion and if you can think of other possibles, please pipe up. It needs to be fairly informal, beer available but quiet enough for discussion (but not too quiet!).
9. We all thought it would be fine for Cennydd to attend our whole meeting - so Cennydd, please join us when convenient for you!
10. I offered to set up a Twitter list for people to follow. If you use lists, I have a UX list set up on my account which you are also welcome to follow.
Above all, this group is for all of us to make a success. I started it, but it's a democratic group and I'd like everyone to chip in with help, suggestions and enthusiasm.
It really was great to see so many new faces and I hope we can foster a great little UX community in Cardiff!
See you next time