Join us at our monthly CryptoParty gathering! What is a CryptoParty? For more information, check this out: [http://www.cryptoparty.in/index]
It's an informal, non-commercial gathering where folks can discuss select topics in privacy, information security and technology.
Some of these topics include:
- Anonymity: is pure anonymity possible in the Brave New World?
- Browser Security: setting tweaks, hacks, considerations
- Countersurveillance: techniques to baffle and thwart your adversaries
- Dead Drops: USB and otherwise [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_dead_drop]
- Encryption: for email and hard drives
- Internet Cash Schemes: bitcoin, advantages and disadvantages
- Steganography: hidden messages in plain sight
- Symbolic Communication: a public post of red flowers means ...
- Virtual Private Networks: how do you use one and how effective are they?
- Whistleblowing: considerations when leaking sensitive information
If you're at all the least bit concerned about the government scooping up all your internet activity to build a detailed dossier on you and kept on file indefinitely ready to use whenever you get labeled a "terrorist" - then CryptoParty is for you.