We had another great turnout for the February Meetup. Our next meeting will be on Tuesday, March 12th. Our topic of discussion will be How and When to use Sentence Fragments for Effect. We used to be taught that good writing always had to be in complete sentences but there may be times when punchy, incomplete sentences will create more emotional impact than formal ones.
Once again, we will accept three submissions for critique. The guidelines are:
- Items must be listed in Files under MORE! on the Homepage by March 5th. You have to be logged in on the Homepage to access Files.
- They should be under 10,000 words and submitted in Word or RTF (not doc.x or PDF).
- Please preface submissions with [ESP Crit 3-12] so we know it's for our group.
- Please add page numbers so those doing critiques on a separate sheet of paper will have a reference point.
To critique submissions:
- Locate [ESP Crit 3-12] submissions listed in Files under MORE!
- Print out a copy to make your edits and comments on. It's OK to change the format for your printout.
- OR, make your comments on a separate sheet of paper to give to the author.
See you all in March!