June 13, 2013 · 6:30 PM
This location is shown only to members
Doing it with Documents (NoSQL Document Style)
Matt Ingenthron <[masked]>
Seeking flexibility with app development and data model? In this presentation Matt Ingenthron will cover how the document-oriented Couchbase Server (recently updated with an incremental map-reduce capability in version 2.0) allows for simpler development by aligning what one does with Java Objects and the database. Rather than have to break up the objects using an ORM, one can simply map application data into JSON objects for persistence. To re-instantiate the objects for this application data, simply query the database (distributed across a 'cluster' of machines) for the required data. Matt will also cover how the incremental map-reduce in Couchbase may be used to build and maintain quick, straightforward ways of querying across very large sets of data. Through this incremental approach, quick and simple access to your data through queries against results arranged as a time series or to summary data from the reduce. He'll also touch on integration with other systems like Spring and Hadoop. Matt is an experienced web architect with a software development background. He has deep expertise in building, scaling and operating global-scale Java, Ruby on Rails and AMP web applications. He has been a contributor to the memcached project, one of the maintainers of the Java spymemcached client and a core developer on Couchbase. He is currently heading up Couchbase's work in getting the right bits needed for PHP, Java, .NET and Ruby developers (among others) as the Director of Developer Solutions for Couchbase.
- 6:30 - 7:00 pm - Networking
- 7:00 - 8:30 pm - Presentation
Ray Tayek OCJUG Co-Chair and original author of above text posted on:
(OCJUG(Java) Regular Meeting's OCAndroid listing
- (LTNVQ2 track description=All regular meetings of (OCJUG=Orange County Java User Group http://OCJUG.Org) starting 2011.11.))
- (LTNW5G=We list all OCJUG events on OCAndroid because:
- MMIKPH: 1st: since both:
- (LTNVVT="native" & typical Android programming is done in Java.)
- (LTNVY0=Both groups serve exactly the same region: Orange County.)
- MMIKU1: 2nd:
(LTNVYJ=SoCalAndroid Hack Nights, which OCAndroid re-lists, are scheduled not to be the same week as the OCJUG Regular Meeting.)
- (LTOOCC Occurrences in order, 3-or-more in a row, starting ideally at the last to take place=
- (LVWXQI="Schedule: "We meet in person on the 2nd Thursday of each month and any other time through the OCJUG mailing list." says http://OCJUG.Org/.)
- none before
- MMIK8A: 2011.10-present:
backup host of this event re-listing, plus editor of this main event description, is quote:
DestinyArchitect of Laguna Hills; 2010.10.26- 179+rsvps&98+attends; Head&~Founder,
- (LTNU6H=1: 2011.11.10thu
Official listing says " "Craig S. Dickson" <[masked]> Elastic BeanstalkDetails".)
- (LTNW5G=2:pst2011.12.08thu, http://meetu.ps/5SPgj
Official listing says " James Ward [on] Deploying Java and Play Framework Apps to the CloudDetails".)
- (LVWXPX=3:pst2012.01.12thu, http://meetu.ps/6sY0F
- (LYST9E=4:2012.02.09thu:Spring and Cloud Foundry, a Marriage Made in Heaven,http://meetu.ps/75wms
- See Official listing for abstract & speaker bio.
- (LTNVFM=Leader #1: MEZTO5: "4:pst2012.02.09"-#15 2013.01.10: "Ray Tayek of Lakewood; joined 2012.01.20; .. leads ocjug track ")
- MEZO7Q: 5:2012.03.08thu:MongoDB soup to nuts+
- MEZOH6: 6:2012.04.12thu:git
- MEZOL2: 7:2012.05.10thu:hack night
- MEZOP9: 8:2012.06.14thu:"state of the Android" by Jeffrey Peacock
- MEZOZG: 9:2012.07.12thu:none -apparently canceled.
- MEZP43: 10:2012.08.09thu:canceled
- MEZPDC: 11: 2012.09.13thu: canceled
- MEZPQK:12: 2012.10.11thu: none-no main meeting, only the usual (but perhaps earlier) socializing at nearby El Torrito Grill
- MEZRLZ:13: 2012.11.08thu: canceled
- MEZRQ8:14: 2012.12.13thu: panel of 5 discuss Consulting + Phillip's going-away party, http://meetu.ps/qGF0R
- MEZRU7:15: 2013.01.10thu: OCJUG 2013 activities planning,http://meetu.ps/rwKrn
- MGDMI5:#16 2013.02.14Thu, http://meetu.ps/vCTGj : Book Review.
- (LTNVECTrack Leaders from our group=
- (LTNVHE=Leader #2:(LTNNOM=Open! Nominate Someone by saying so in the event listing's comments.))
- (LO9QFO=To attend, you must follow the latest version of "info for every Meetup.com/OCAndroid event LEVW4X")
- (LG4OWH=What are these codes as “LG4OWH” on this paragraph? They're short IDs to date-stamp, uniquely-reference, and portably-track content.)
- MEZSDH: Listing Todo
- MEZSBG: Listing history:
- MGDM61: starting from listing creation, I Destiny am the author except as noted here.
- MMIIAL: ...--for prior history, see on prior listing
- ML9CW0: renamed title fr q(on OCAndroid: OCJUG(Java) Std Mtg 2013.04+more) to q(OCJUG(Java) Std Mtg via OCAndroid 2013.05+) as clearer; cut Qs from 8 to 6 by cutting last 2 because of new Meetup limitation; pst2013.04.14Sun1135.
- MMIIF4: cut prior history; cut todos LYSTFB & MEZSMJ; add next 3 upcoming events so thru MMIJS6; change title fr q(OCJUG(Java) Std Mtg via OCAndroid 2013.05+) to present as a more logical order plus includes present topic; plas LTNW5G to 2nd from top & update; add MMIK8A; update MI8OVH; pst2013.05.08Wed2156.