Southeastern Photographic Society’s Participation in
Atlanta Celebrates Photography 2012
Every October, the Atlanta-area arts community comes together to showcase the best in photography via Atlanta Celebrates Photography, a month-long festival of exhibits, lectures and workshops of and about photography.
SPS will be participating this year with our Best of SPS show at Sammiches n’Stuff with an exhibit which will be open to all paid SPS members.
Think a bit about your very best work-- those images that make you and others gasp when you see them. Now don't you want the rest of the world to have an opportunity for that experience as well?? This exhibit is designed to do just that!
The exhibit is juried and the submission deadline for participation is September 1st - read on for the details including important dates in bold….
- The minimum size of the printed image (not including mat & frame) must be at least 8 inches on the short edge. This means that a 6”x 8" image does not qualify but an 8” x 30” does. There is no maximum size.
- Images may be of any age or subject, but as always, must be family friendly—no nudes please.
- Images must be framed in black with a simple white mat. A canvas gallery wrap is also permitted but must meet the minimum image size requirement.
- Exhibitors will be notified of acceptance by September 8th.
- The exhibit will run for from September 22nd through November 15th. Ready-to-hang images must be delivered to Sammiches n' Stuff in Decatur on Friday, September 21st before 4pm or the morning of September 22nd so that hanging can be completed in time for the evening reception on September 22nd.
- You’ll need to include a label on the back of the image including the photographer’s name, image name, and price (or NFS if you are not offering it for sale). In addition, you must also provide this information when submitting the entry.
- We suggest that you consider Digital Arts Studio for the framing or canvas reproduction of your final image. DAS is a huge supporter of SPS and will be happy to help you choose the best method of presenting of your image. In addition, our 25% SPS discount will help make framing such an image more economical.
- SPS reserves the right to reject any images that are presented in an unprofessional manner or when printed, do not reproduce clearly.
- To submit your image, send a high quality jpg with a max size of 1920x1080 pixels along with the photographer’s name, image name, and price by September 1st to [address removed]
- Stay tuned for details about our opening reception on September 22nd!
- Questions? Send an email to [address removed]