Wednesday, June 3, 2009 9:34 PM
1. ?George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd.? - Sam Harris
2. ?I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours? -Stephen Roberts
3. ?I still say a church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence? -Doug McLeod
4. ?With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.? -Steven Weinberg
5. ?Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence.? -Richard Dawkins
6. ?The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike? -Delos B. McKown
7. ?Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I?m not sure about the the universe.? - Albert Einstein
8. ?Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.? -Chapman Cohen
9 ?A man?s ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.? -Albert Einstein
10. ?Don?t pray in my school, and I won?t think in your church? - Unknown
11. ?I do not think it is necessary to believe that the same God who has given us our senses, reason, and intelligence wished us to abandon their use, giving us by some other means the information that we could gain through them? -Galileo Galilei
12. Everyone is an Atheist toward other religions except their own. Atheists simply take this one small step further to include all religions.
13. Free Thinker: One who forms opinions on the basis of reason independently of authority, especially: one who doubts or denies religious dogma ~Merriam Webster Dictionary
14. Atheists do not believe in anthing supernatural: A god, demigod, spirit, devil, ghost, goblin, faires, dragons, witches, vampires, warlocks, or a mythical being with mystical powers of any sort.
15. Objective Truth: Expressing or dealing with facts as perceived without distortion by personal feelings, prejudices, or interpretations. ~Merriam Webster Dictionary
16. Subjective Truth: Modified or affected by personal views, experience or background; Lacking in reality or substance. ~Merriam Webster Dictionary
17. A belief is not merely an idea the mind posesses; It is an idea that posesses the mind. ~Robert Oxton Bolton
18. Faith: Firm belief in something for which there is no proof. ~Merriam Webster Dictionary
19. Fact: A piece of information presented as having objective reality. ~Merriam Webster Dictionary
20. Love & Logic
21. Logic: The Science of the formal principles of reasoning. ~Merriam Webster Dictionary
22. Reason: A rational ground or motive. ~Merriam Webster Dictionary
23. Reality: The quality or state of being real. ~Merriam Webster Dictionary
24. In Reality: In actual fact. ~Merriam Webster Dictionary
25. Christian Scientists - Guilty as charged with scientific misconduct!
26. Christians dismiss 9,999 religions as false. Atheists dismiss just one more than that.
27. "To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin." ~Cardinal Bellarmine at Gallileo's Trial, 1615
28. By labeling virtually every natural urge and function as a sin (from sexuality, to having negative feelings towards our enemies), the church ensures the lifelong dependency and commitment of its guilt-ridden, emotionally-crippled followers.
29. I am a non-believer in the god myth.
30. Atheists in general believe this to be our one and only life, a view which makes life precious beyond all value.
31. Why do you believe in god? Don't be afraid to question. The Truth is never embarrassed by honest inquiry.