Meet people from around the world interested in working in distributed teams, Agile, Scrum, and Lean project management.
We meet live online most Thursdays at 5:30pm Pacific (8:30 pm Eastern) to study Agile topics using best practices in education. Come learn just the topics you are interested in. Check off progress towards your ICAgile family of certifications as you do so. When you're doing you will know how to do Agile, and can choose to pay $89 for credit and $144 for ICP certification. But learning is the outcome. Certification is a by-product.
Can't make it live? We have prepared recorded lectures and exercises so you can learn anywhere, any time!
To fully benefit you need to do two things
- Join this meetup (your location does not mater), and watch our schedule for events. You will connect using http://join.me/agiledimensions
- Watch our videos at http://www.udemy.com/a3d-a501-agile-foundat... . You can 'preview' them for free. To get formal credit we ask for a small support fee to cover the cost of keeping tracking credits. That will save you $900.
We have a couple of key activities.
- Agile Witness News (tm)
We interview key industry speakers ten times per year. Some examples of the experts we include are Grady Booch, Kenny Rubin, Gil Broza, Scott Ambler, Lyssa and Michael Spayd and many others. You can see previous episodes of Agile Witness News (tm) at
- Certification support
We support your efforts to gain Agile certifications including PMI-ACP and ICAgile. We also grant class B PDUs and class C SEUs to help you maintain your existing certifications. You will also practice and expand skills to help you manage your projects better while building your own professional network.
This is buffet style. You can attend what ever modules interest you. However, the entire program is designed to give you a complete picture of Agile and up to 21 hours of training in a cohesively planned curriculum.
Who is welcome? Everyone from around the world with an internet connection (mostly Eastern US to Western Australia due to the timezone). Classes are in English in a mix of voice and text chat. Although it looks like we are based in Seattle we are actually global. We welcome testers, developers, project managers, business analysts, managers, specialists, coaches, and also folks outside the software industry. We serve multiple learning modes including observation, discussion, hands on, and teaching.
Footnote on Research
One goal of our study group is to test learning strategies and collect research data for Bill's Master's degree portfolio project (EdTech 592).
- Slides - You can find slides from our course modules at http://www.meetup.com/agile3d/files/ Some classes will also use Google Docs.
- Sococo - Preferred is for you to e-mail me an e-mail address you would like me to use to invite you into our Agile Leader Hall in the Sococo tool - our preferred meeting place. We like Sococo because it allows our faces on webcam but also provides breakout rooms. We of course take field trips to other tools to broaden our learning.
You can watch this 2 minute video to get a feel for what Sococo is like.
- Screen share and text chat on http://join.me/agiledimensions. You can get sound via voice over internet (VOIP) or the phone bridge via the number listed at event time in join.me.
Oh, a couple tips on sound.
- Use earbuds or a headset to reduce feedback from built in speakers.
- Also, internet bandwidth is key for voice over IP so yo don't drop packets and sound like a robot. Fast and direct connections are good. Wireless from your back porch? You're doomed.
- Hit the mute button when not speaking so we don't hear environmental noise
- We encourage the use of text chat windows at any time to ask questions or share information.
This group is free. Yes. Zero cost.
Once you check off the objectives for the ICAgile Professional certification and accumulate 14 hours of training, you can pay if you want your formal certificate. A face to face version of this class often costs $1,200, but we only charge $89 for credits and $144 for the certs. Or, just learn the sections you are interested in for free!
Your next steps
Send your e-mail address to agilebill4dinfo ,at gmail.com so he can invite you to our Sococo team space. - Post anytime to our message board - Join us online to observe or engage.
See ya online!
PMI-ACP, CSM, CSP, LSSYB, CCA, ICP-TC
SPC in progress, MET in progress
Note: Working virtually opens doors for many people with disabilities and their caregivers. We can help by by finding them transcription work, promoting awareness, and supporting Virtual Ability.