Join us for our PMI-ACP(sm) Exam prep series. We will meet online at
- http://join.me/agiledimensions. You can use phone or voice over IP or text chat.
- Please note the timezone - 6pm Pacific, 9pm Eastern, Next day in Asia.
Last week we discussed Feature Driven Development (FDD). This session #5 will review Scrum as described in the Agile Atlas.
We take some weeks off, so please note the date, and adjust the 6pm Pacific time for your timezone (9pm Eastern, for example). Outside the US adjust for daylight savings too. See the schedule image below :-D.
- 1st 15 mins - review the homework from the previous session
- 60 minutes - cover material for this unit
- Last 15 minutes - Plan and preview Tools and Topics for the next unit.
Call for teachers - let Bill know if you would like to teach or facilitate the topic for this session or an upcoming session.
Monthly topics are shown in this picture: Mindset, Requirements, Project Management, and Leadership.
Click to expand High Level Schedule
Click to expand low level schedule
Our goal is to help each other pass the PMI-ACP(sm) exam, learn to work better and practice our teaching skills. This study group will be presented in 14 sessions, with graduation on June 26. We include some weeks off for teacher planning and sustainable pace. You may also be in the live studio Audience of Agile Witness News (tm). The sessions are presented in buffet style - come for them all for a complete picture of Agile, or pick the topics that interest you.
Sessions will cover: all 6 Domains covered by the PMI-ACP(sm) Exam with sections such as
- Mindset, Stakeholder Involvement, Value-Drive Adaptive Planning, Quality, and Continuous Improvement
When you are done you will
- Know how to do project management better in your job
- Have hours you need to apply for your PMI-ACP(sm) exam
- 'Class B' PDUs to maintain your PMP or PMI-ACP
- 'Class C' SEUs to apply to your CSP
- Experience with tools for distributed teams
We will also remind each other to fill out any forms needed for our applications. Finally, we will produce some offline material for our colleagues who cannot make it to the live session.
This study group is intended to reinforce other courses you may take, not detract. They are good because they cover everything in a few concentrated days. We are different because we spread the learning over 15 weeks. Even if you do not take other formal training, this study group will give you a base level knowledge of Agile project management. You will also build your professional network.
The price is free, but we will do a few fundraisers per year so you can contribute based on your ability and benefits realized to help offset costs for our virtual tooling. We will suggest some amounts such as free, 16, and 24 US dollars per month.
Roles in the Study group include :
- Learner - engaged, does homework, seeks credits or certifications
- Mentor - A volunteer teacher who may have Agile skills and wants to practice helping others
- Facilitator - A guide that helps facilitate the meeting and venue technology
- Admin - Someone who organizes the program and arch of the classes (Bill)
- Observer - Someone who simply wants to watch quietly - which is fine!
Experts and Novices are all welcome. See ya online!