The National Animal Rights Day (NARD), now in its 3rd year, is coming to town!
On Sunday June 9, 2013, we will gather a bit before 12:00 noon on the sand area just north of the Santa Monica Pier
- At 12:00 noon sharp, the day will start with a moving opening ceremony, commemorating the billions of animals who die every year in the US by human hands.
... - We will then unveil, read out loud, and sign the Declaration of Animal Rights! (an impressive 50 foot long scroll)
- At about 1:00 pm, a short, special yoga/meditation session focusing on Ahimsa - compassion for all beings - will transition us to the celebratory part of the day.
- With delicious vegan food, and various activities such as live music, artists, info tables and more, we will celebrate the animals in our lives, adopting a cruelty-free lifestyle, and a brighter future for humans and animals in this country!
* Bring a yoga mat and a musical instrument if you have one!
* Parking: there is a huge parking lot right by the location (on Palisades Beach Rd.) where parking costs $12 for the entire day, or parking lots south of the Pier for shorter parking times.
For more info: www.thenard.org
For the NYC event on the same day: http://www.facebook.com/events/547693975261320/?fref=ts