|Sent on:||Saturday, January 5, 2013 11:49 PM|
I have made a few changes:
1. Before joining our group, all new members are now required to introduce themselves, as well as answer a profile question. They will also receive an automatic greeting welcoming them and asking them to become familiar with our attendance policy.
2. Under the "About Us" section, I added our attendance policy, which reads:
ATTENDANCE and RSVPs:
Do not RSVP for a meetup if there's a chance that you might have to cancel at the last minute. It's better for you to RSVP at the last minute than to cancel at the last minute.
* The first no-show will be given a warning. A second no-show will result in the removal from our group.
* Last-minute cancellations are frowned upon. A last-minute cancel is if you cancel your RSVP after the RSVP deadline or after an Organizer/Event Host has posted the group assignments, which might be a day or two before a golf outing. (I usually give members a heads-up about when the group assignments will be done and ask members at that time to update their RSVP.)
* A combination of a no-show and last-minute cancellation will also result in the removal from our group.
* Last-minute cancellations will be accepted for our "regular" members who have a good attendance record--until it starts to become a habit. Regular members currently with spotty attendance records will be given a warning the next time they do a last-minute cancellation.
Thank you for observing and respecting the attendance policy.