I complied the data we have so far, 89 responses! I will keep it up to date if we get any more.
From the data, I think we can take a few things from this survey:
- Many of our members are on the Red line and most of those are in the Davis/Harvard/Central area.
- Those not on Red line are mostly on the Green line (unsurprising).
- The green line data is all over the place (as I figured it would, thats why I didn't do specific answers like the Red line question)
- Most of the orange line stuff is in the Malden/Medford/Somerville section and around downtown.
- Most important part of the meetup to people is that there is that there is T access, that there is food and that the price isn't too high. Alcohol is good to have and parking would be a huge benefit. TVs are completely unimportant to the group.
- 74% of our members would pay for the monthly meetup if we had a monthly cost associated with the event, supposedly (very surprising!).
- A few people brought up that we are the Boston Sci-fi/Fantasy group, not the Somerville/Cambridge meetup group. Fairly good point imo.
- 38% of the people who responded to the poll haven't yet been to one at the Rosebud (?!). This one kind of threw me a bit.
- People are, generally speaking, happy with the Rosebud - 40% approval rating. 10% don't like the service, perhaps we can talk to them about that if we decide to stay.
My thoughts on some of these in no particular order:
- We may want to have multiple monthly meetups? One in Boston on the green line another in Somerville/Cambridge
- Surprisingly people are willing to pay for the meetup, I figured people would be hugely against the charging of meetups.
- It looks like the places we pick don't have to serve alcohol, although it seems like people would enjoy it if possible.
- We really can't be too far from a station, the response on question 5 shows that pretty well.
On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 10:24 AM, Josh <[address removed]>
Good news everyone!
Well, not really. Rumors of Rosebud being sold to a new owner surfaced last week. We suspect we may not be able to meet there in the near future. We don't think next month or the following will be a problem, but for the long term, we want to look for new venue options. To help us find the best possible place, please go and take this quick eight question survey.
Thank you for your help!
-Josh and the other organizers
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by Josh ([address removed]) from The Boston Sci-Fi/Fantasy Meetup Group.
To learn more about Josh, visit his/her member profile
To unsubscribe from special announcements from your Organizer(s), click here
Meetup, POB 4668 #37895 NY NY USA 10163 | [address removed]