NOTE: Season 6 will be led by Senior Percolator, David Petringa.
The book we will use is Sams Teach Yourself Bootstrap in 24 Hours which was published on November 14, 2015.
The format of a virtual self-study group is as follows:
• Each participant purchases the same textbook: Sams Teach Yourself Bootstrap in 24 Hours.
• Each participant commits to read two chapters per week (the chapters are short), complete the exercises and post links to your completed work.
• Each participant obtains assistance by posting questions to a discussion area set up on the Boston PHP Message Board for each chapter. Each participant will receive personal feedback, as well as, a weekly group e-mail update.
• Each participant who completes the book is recognized on the Self-Study Group | Wall of Accomplishment.
Note: There is no classroom instruction. There are no webcasts. There are no scheduled appointments of any kind.
Once you have the book, you simply proceed at a pace that best fits into your current work/life schedule. You DO NOT need to live in the Boston area to participate. Invite your friends, family members and co-workers to join in the fun!
How do I get started?
• Become a member of Boston PHP if you are not already a member. Simply click: Join us!
• Register for HTML5 Brunch, Season 6. Simply RSVP: Yes
• Purchase a book (the only program cost). Simply visit Amazon.com and order Sams Teach Yourself Bootstrap in 24 Hours in one of two formats -- paperback or Kindle.
When your book arrives, start your virtual learning by reading one chapter at a time, completing the exercises and posting a link to your completed work.
Q: How long will the course last?
A: We will cover 24 chapters (two per week) in the book starting Sunday, February 28 and ending Saturday, May 21. Refer to the HTML5 Brunch, Season 6 -- Master Discussion List for specific dates.
Q: Do I have to wait until Sunday, February 28 to begin?
A: No need to wait! Feel free to begin as soon as you obtain a copy of your book. Simply post a message on the Introduce Yourself: HTML5 Brunch, Season 6 message board once you receive your book so that we can gauge participation. Then, proceed at a pace that best fits your current work/life schedule.
Q: Do I have to live in Boston to participate?
A: Not at all. This program is virtual. We have successful graduates from many states and even have graduates from countries in Europe and Africa.
Q: What if I have additional questions?
A: Simply post a reply below and you will receive a response.
Let's Do Brunch!