Welcome to our 35th Transbelief Dialogue & Nature Walk, where we follow Aristotle's path of peripatetically discussing our differences. It's been called "Mindwalk + My Dinner with Andre!" This time, our Nature Walk-n-Talk will stroll Longfellow Gardens upstream of Minnehaha Falls, at 2:00pm Saturday, October 12. After our stroll, we'll walk north 3 blocks on Minnehaha Ave. to Parkway Pizza for after-dinner, at its new location: 4359 Minnehaha Ave. S, Minneapolis, MN 55406.
This Meetup is part of our group's recurring forum, The Dialogium, for facilitative, reasoning dialogue between FMCOR's very different folks!
And what will be the topic for our Dialogium 35 at Longfellow Gardens? Suggested by long-time FMCOR guest, Eileen:
"Christianity vs. Halloween!"
As we stroll Longfellow Gardens we'll tackle these issues:
• What is the history of Halloween (Samhain)?
• Is Halloween "Satanic" or "evil"?
• Would Wiccans or Pagans, or even Satanists, agree with that judgment?
• What's with the treats or the tricks?
• And why do we don masks?
• What does this festival have to do with "All Saints Day"?
• Isn't Halloween (All Hallow's Evening) actually a Christian festival?
• Is it too "Pope-y" (Catholic) for Protestants?
• What does All Hallow's Eve have to do with souls in Purgatory?
• Should the church regulate, or ban, celebrations it had a hand in creating?
• What is Halloween to atheists? Should they celebrate it? Or discourage it?
• What is Halloween to evangelicals? Should they celebrate it? Or ban it?
• What is a Hell House, and why is it so popular with today's evangelical churches?
• And what the heck is "Jesus Ween"?
Don't miss FMCOR's Dialogium 35, on Saturday, OCTOBER 12, 2-4pm, to tell us your own view of Samhain/Halloween and Jesus Ween!
Logistics: Let us know when you RSVP if you need a carpool ride.
After our 2:00-4:00 p.m. Walk-n-Talk, those who've worked up an appetite (or need to warm up) will join us at for after-dinner in Linden Hills.
Invite your friends for our Walk & Talk -- the more different we are, the more enlightening our conversation!
Hoping to see (and hear!) you at our Dialogium 34 on "Do We Have Free Will?" -- RSVP "Yes" today!
(When you RSVP, please tell us: 1) If you want a carpool ride to and from our Meetup & Dinner; 2) If you need monetary assistance to attend our after-dinner; and 3) If you have suggestions for a question you'd like FMCOR to discuss at a later Dialogium.