THIS IS A 2 DAY CLASS, FEBRUARY 1ST & 8th
If you have been wanting to learn Twitter Bootstrap, here's your opportunity to not only get started, but to be immersed in an intense, hands-on, instructor led training in one of the most popular responsive frameworks available!
Learn Responsive Web Design UsingTwitter Bootstrap 3 is a 15 hour, two day professionally instructed course, jammed packed with labs, detailed explanations of Bootstrap concepts, and code samples. After this 15 hour training, you will have the knowledge to implement this powerful framework for your own projects!
What is Bootstrap?
Bootstrap is an open-source front-end toolkit to help designers and developers quickly and efficiently build awesome stuff online. Today, it has grown to include dozens of components and has become the most popular project on GitHub with more than 13,000 watchers!
Creating responsive designs requires a lot of time and effort. Bootstrap provides you with the basic framework for creating a responsive website. You don’t need to code anything yourself. Just include the appropriate pre-written code from Bootstrap into your website and you’ll be all set with your very own responsive web design!
About the Instructor
Class Dates: February 1st & 8th
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Location: ITT Technical Institute, Torrance, CA
Price: $119.00 (Covers both sessions)
Classroom Training V.S. Online Tutorial
Online tutorials are great, but nothing beats personal direction from a qualified instructor. Other advantages are:
• Direct access to the instructor and immediate response when you have a question
• Participate in class discussions
• Learn from other students experiences
• Network with others
• Progress faster through the subject material faster
NOTE: To get the most out of this course, we advise participates to bring a laptop computer. Students will implement the following concept in hands-on labs:
DAY ONE - FEBRUARY 1ST
Introduction to Twitter Bootstrap
• Download Bootstrap
• Unpacking & Organizing the Bootstrap framework
• Setup Firebug
Layouts with Bootstrap
• Responsive Design Overview
• Understanding the Bootstrap Grid System
• Implementing Grid Layouts
• Implementing Fixed Grids
• Implementing Fluid Grids
• Using Responsive Utilities
• Setting up a Responsive Layout
• Making Images Responsive
Bootstrap HTML Elements & Styles
• Setup a Simple Table
• Creating Forms
• Making a Button, and an Icon Button
• Progress Bars
• Implementing Breadcrumbs
• Alerts and Errors
• Customizing Bootstrap
• Using Bootstrap with Less
DAY TWO - FEBRUARY 8TH
• Implementing Navigation
• Using Hero Units, Labels, and Badges
• Creating Modals
• Creating Tooltips & Popovers
• Creating a Carousel
• Creating an Accordion
• Customizing Bootstrap Elements Such as Navigation
• Working with Examples
• How to Make a Non-Responsive Website Responsive
Who Should Attend?
This class is designed for web developers, mobile app developers, and UI designers.
System Requirements and Development Environment
Mac or PC with any modern web browser installed. Notepad, Notepad ++ or any authoring tool will work for the labs.