Meet other Dungeons and Dragons players!
- Find a group to play in or gather people for your group.
- Exchange tips and how-tos.
- Get together and game with fun people!
- All styles and versions from first edition unto 3.5 welcome.
- All ages and playing levels welcome.
- No member dues -- it's free! (Although donations are appreciated.)
What is Dungeons and Dragons?
Dungeons and Dragons (D&D for short) is an interactive storytelling game that started back in the 1970s and spawned a whole genre of games known as roleplaying games or paper-and-pencil games. A group of people (usually 4-7) get together and create characters that they control the actions of. These characters go adventuring in a fantasy world. One person does not run a character, but instead is the Dungeon Master (also known as the Game Master). This person creates plot hooks for the characters, and creates the world the characters adventure in (or they just buy a premade module at a store). The DM (short for Dungeon Master) also acts as an umpire when players start arguing over the rules.
What does this meetup do?
Currently we gather together twice a month. You don't have to come if you don't want to. At these gatherings we:
- exchange DM and player tips
- talk about new products coming out on the market
- swap miniatures, modules, old books, etc.
- most importantly, people who need groups come looking to meet DMs who need players, and DMs who need players... you get the idea
and, of course,
- we play Dungeons and Dragons!
What does RSVP mean?
RSVP is an acronym that stands for a French phrase "répondez, s'il vous plaît." It means "please reply." It's traditionally used on invitations to indicate you should reply as to whether or not you will be able to attend. If you want to attend the meetup, you should RSVP. RSVPs with a reply of "no" help me as well because it lets me know that there were people interested in coming who couldn't. However, if you have no interest in attending at all you need not RSVP.
You said membership is free, so what is this about donations?
Membership is free for you. Meetup charges the organizer a fee to maintain the group, so if you find that this group has been valuable to you, and if you really enjoy being part of it, and would like to donate money towards paying for it -- thanks! If everyone in the group gave just one dollar every year, it would be paid for!
Don't forget to check out these nearby groups:The San Diego Dungeons and Dragons Meetup GroupThe Orange County Dungeons and Dragons Meetup Group