|Sent on:||Thursday, January 26, 2012 3:06 PM|
Riot games is looking for a user research intern to help us in, well, user research! I figured I’d reach out to the UX community here. If you know anyone who is interested, please let them know! This is a pretty great opportunity to get a foot in the door doing some cool industry work. This is a paid internship in the Santa Monica area for a 6 month duration. The posting is reproduced below. Any interested parties can drop me an e-mail for more details (or to submit their resume).
User Experience Research Internship
As part of making Riot Games the most player-focused game company in the world, Riot is continuing to grow its user experience research capability. In support of this, we are seeking a qualified individual to assist our User Researcher.
At Riot, user research spans a number of disciplines. Interface design, system features, game feel, and player psychology are all key components of making our products succeed. Similarly, the teams that conduct user experience research are multidisciplinary, involving researchers, game designers, user experience designers, producers, and engineers.
This opening presents a rare opportunity to work on user experience research in the game industry. The ideal candidate will have a passion for games and user experience research—someone who wants to study how and why gamers enjoy games, how to make games more enjoyable, and how to improve a player’s experience across all interactions they have with a game, its related products, and its community.
- Work closely with our User Researcher to design and conduct in-person lab studies
- Work with game design and production teams to determine their research needs
- Conduct user research to support game, web, and other player-facing technologies
- Assist in developing and facilitating online surveys
- Review and create research reports and visualizations
- Conduct exploratory research into a variety of game, player, and interface topics
- Moderate and facilitate in-lab studies
- Working knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of experimental and non-experimental research methods
- Enrolled in a BS, MS, or PhD program relevant to the role (e.g., human computer interaction, cognitive psychology, human factors, information science, etc.)
- Prior experience conducting research
- Prior experience creating visualizations for data
Davin Pavlas, Ph.D.
E: [address removed] | C:[masked]
AIM: onidavin | Summoner Name: davin