Amazing! We now have 1,700 members in our group!
As many of you know, we are the largest User Experience Meetup group in the United States. And, as our group grows, our needs grow too.
We are currently looking for volunteers to join the team's newly formed committees:
- Committee responsible for finding venues for our events
- Committee for securing sponsorships & member benefits
- Membership committee (outreach to students, etc.)
- Speakers and events committee (finding amazing speakers, etc.)
- Communications committee (PR, Social Media, video production for the web, photographers, etc.)
- Recruiter relations committee
- Professional event planners
To take advantage of this great opportunity, please send an email to us.
In addition, we would like to see an increase in the following activities on our mailing list [address removed].
- Great UX-related questions posted to the group. Have a problem, looking for UX resources, seeking opinions about an emerging issue? Post them on [address removed]. There is one requirement. They must be UX related.
- Also, we are seeking very well-written job descriptions from recruiters and others seeking UX talent.
Reflecting on the recent past
- Some of our recently accomplishments have included offering two free tickets to Mario Herger's Enterprise Gamification Workshop in February. Each ticket was worth $1,295.
- Bestica sponsored our Meetup dues for three years and many members reached out to Bestica for job assistance.
- More recently, we offered 15% off the full-price to the upcoming UX Speakeasy Conference in San Diego on Saturday, March 31st. The speakers include: Aaron Irizarry, Alfonso de la Nuez, Angel Anderson, Dennis Wixon, Eric Reiss, Knut Graf, Larry Marine, Patrick Neeman, Rachel Hinman and Russ Unger.
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the UX Speakeasy Conference team, Mario Herger and Bestica.
How to post a job opening with a well written job description:
How do I edit my email and communication settings?
How do I leave a Meetup Group?