|Sent on:||Monday, June 17, 2013 2:30 PM|
Our client located in Playa del Rey, CA has an opportunity available for a User Experience Designer to join their team. Ideal candidate will have some Mobile-related experience. In this role, you will be focused on creating and delivering fantastic user experiences across multiple touchpoints. You will use your unique skills and knowledge to influence how products get developed and, most importantly, be an advocate for user needs. You’ll work on a team of creative and smart people and will operate with various groups in the organization such as Industrial Design, Product Management, Marketing, and Branding.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Handle the UX/interaction design needs of projects you are assigned to.
· Create project deliverables such as storyboards, flowcharts, wireframes, prototypes, and detailed designs.
· Participate in user research, competitive evaluation, and usability testing.
· Work with related personnel such as user researchers, usability engineers, industrial designers, and graphic designers to create great product experiences.
· Form alliances with people in technical and creative functions to achieve high-quality and consistent delivery.
· Provide implementation support to technical teams.
· Manage your own projects like an internal consultant: on-time, on-budget, no surprises.
· Help Belkin to further integrate user-centered design methods.
· Work effectively with outside vendors if needed for your projects.
Education and experience requirements:
· At least 4 years of experience in user-centered design, demonstrable via portfolio of products and deliverables.
· Preferred: Master’s degree in Interaction Design. Acceptable: Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Interaction Design, Psychology, Human Factors, Anthropology, HCI, etc.). Master’s Degree can substitute for some experience for the right candidate.
· Demonstrated proficiency in making interactive and time-based products that look great, work great and are a pleasure to use.
· Strong conceptualization skills with deep attention to detail and the demonstrated ability to convey the intricacies of a desired experience to multiple audiences.
· Intuitive understanding of and empathy for everyday users: their motivations, goals, and abilities.
· Demonstrated ability to recast a problem in order to arrive at an elegant and innovative solution, then convey that solution tangibly.
· Experience operating within product development processes, especially in consumer electronics, mobile, packaged software, or complex systems.
· Mastery of at least one flowcharting application and one graphics/illustration application.
· Experience participating in user research and usability testing for individual projects.
· Design and specification of UI behavior, including on-screen, in-browser, packaged software, mobile app, or hardware-based interfaces.
· Demonstrable experience prototyping for conceptual development, testing, demonstration and documentation.
· Design documentation including examples, wireframes, workflow, experience challenges and opportunities, specification of dynamic information displays, animation, sound, and haptic feedback.
· Ability to explain user experience to non-design personnel, in their language.
· A good understanding of graphic design and the ability to use visual design techniques to convey information and instructions to improve usability.
· Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
· Passion for good experience – You know the difference between good and great and are able to work within a cross-functional team to deliver excellent experiences in out-of-box, setup, initial use, day-to-day-use, and troubleshooting.
· Rapid iteration – You're eager to try your early work on real people and use the feedback to make a better prototype on your way to an awesome final design.
· Team skills – You speak the languages of designers, business people, and users. You are collaborative, participatory, and inspire others to contribute.
· Professional skills – You have strong written, verbal, and presentation skills. You demonstrate care, vision, and planning in everything you do.
Sr. Resource Development Manager - ModisIT
Modis Circle of Excellence Award Recipient - 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007
222 N. Sepulveda Blvd. Suite 130
El Segundo, CA 90245
On January 1, 2011, Modis joined forces with Ajilon Consulting to create a true powerhouse in the field of IT staffing. In the complex world of information technology, the new Modis will connect you to the right talent, the right opportunities and the right answers. Let us help you make exceptional connections.