Join your local PHP community for a presentation and discussion around using php-fpm to handle your application stack. We will show it used with both Apache-perfork with fastcgi and Nginx. If you have always used Apache + mod_php you may be pleasantly surprised the flexibility this architecture brings you.
HUGE thinks to Eric for getting us this fun venue for our meeting this month and for providing us with our AV. I'm really looking forward to it!! Also thanks to Rick for his meeting location offer too! We are so lucky to have such great members!!
Don't forget to RSVP! This should be a great meeting to expose you to a lot of new ideas and discussions--oh, and delicious frozen custard!
Eric's Finer points on the Venue - The positives for Foo's:
- 5 minutes from I-435 & (Roe | State Line)
- Large back room
- They don't have loud music playing
- Frozen custard is divine
- They have both OddlyCorrect and Roasterie coffees on hand
- They can whip up just about any espresso-based concoction, including a "Foo Latte" which adds frozen custard to a latte for an additional layer of naughty.
- It's right next to O'Neill's Restaurant and Bar in case we get hungry or need to discuss PHP's finer points over a few pints afterwards.
- The place has "foo" as a major component of the name. It's just begging for a developer meetup!
Our Standard Meeting Format
We love Web Development, PHP, new development techniques and everything in between. Our meetings are often a little free-formed, but for the most part fall into...
- Meet and Greet new members!
- Review the "Last Month in PHP" - Highlighting the latest happenings in the PHP Universe
- Open group discussion on any development topic, concern or question
All Developers Welcome!
We understand PHP Developers often come from all backgrounds, and many work in more languages than only PHP. Whether you're curious or just starting out, only dabble in PHP on the weekends, write custom PHP on a daily basis, work in a framework like Symfony, Zend Framework, Silex, Slim, FuelPHP, CakePHP or customize CMS products like WordPress, Drupal or Joomla, our goal is that you will find something new, useful and thought provoking.
Interested in giving a more formal presentation to the group, or demoing something new and cool you're working on? Contact one of the organizers through Meetup or talk after a monthly meeting and tell us your ideas!