"Dear Permaculture People!
The pace of sign-ups for the Convergence has really picked up and we're
getting ready to finalize the details..... So I'm writing this week to urge
you to register now so that we can get an accurate head count and ensure
plenty of delicious food and activities for all of you.
** We cannot guarantee admission or meals for those who register after June
20th or for people who arrive at the Convergence without having registered
in advance. **
Details & Registration Link:
Top 10 Reasons (Among Many!) to Come to the 6th Annual Northeast
1. More than 40 sessions covering everything from keyline design,
perennial polyculture design and coppicing through top bar beekeeping,
ancient grains, cob oven building and geomancy!
2. Delicious meals prepared by Local Sprouts Cooperative with fresh,
local and organic ingredients (and the stupendous help of Convergence
volunteers, of course!)
3. Dedicated YouthZone with activities for teens and little ones, too.
4. Morning yoga at 7:30 am each day and a Welcoming the Dawn Mandala on
5. The incredible drumming of Inanna: Sisters in Rhythm on Saturday
night, followed by a contra dance so you can boogie all that energy off.
6. Three field trip tracks to choose from including Teltane Farm,
Newforest Institute, Avena Botanicals, Humustacia Permaculture Gardens, Four
Seasons Farm, The Nearings' Homestead, and more.
7. An opportunity to meet, learn from and share ideas with the leading
members of the permaculture community in our region.
8. The Agor? barter/marketplace where you can lay out a blanket or table
and informally trade your wares! Bring on the jam, jewelry and jerusalem
9. Permaculture authors Dave Jacke, Eric Toensmeier, Jim Merkel and Scott
Kellogg, among others, will be on hand to help make it a great event.
10. Your Convergence ticket can be as low as $35 (including sessions,
camping and all meals) if you sign up for a couple of 2-hour volunteer
And don't forget...
* If you're a permaculture designer and would like to show off a design and
share some business cards, bring some stuff along for the Designer's Lounge
before supper on Saturday.
* If you're a musician and can join in our Contra Dance band, let us know
and we'll sign you up!
* If you're a wellness practitioner and can contribute to the health and
well-being of convergence-goers, sign up here!
* If you can write, blog, document, photograph, film, draw, paint, create a
sonnet or otherwise contribute to an online Convergence album, email us as
But most of all: if you want to be sure of a spot, please register in
Lisa (for the Convergence organizing team)
Lisa M Fernandes
Resilient Homes | www.resilienthomes.com
Portland Maine Permaculture | www.portlandmainepermaculture.com