NYC Vegans is for vegans, vegetarians and aspiring vegans. When we eat together as a group, we eat 100% vegan.
We're the little sister group to our 7,000-member big sibling group, The New York City Vegetarian & Vegan Meetup.
Here is what makes our smaller group unique:
* We've added a distinctly Brooklyn focus to our group. Whether it's picnics in Prospect Park, fireworks in Coney Island, hanging out in beautiful Brooklyn Bridge Park, or going to Brooklyn's amazing vegetarian restaurants, we'll be hosting events in Brooklyn year-round.
* We still love Manhattan. We're going to be painting the town red, as small groups of us go bar-hopping among Manhattan's top bars and lounges.
* Except for a couple of large outdoor events we host in the summer, we'll almost always be doing small events. Our group will continue its tradition of hosting dinners at Manhattan's best small vegan restaurants.
* I love the water. Many of our events will be next to (and on) rivers, bays, lakes, and the Atlantic Ocean.
* Expect to hear music, see plays, attend cultural events, go dancing, go drinking and clubbing, and generally do the unexpected, the exciting, the elegant, the relaxing and the beautiful.
* While this is primarily a social group, we will sometimes engage in vegan activism and animal rights activism.
This group is specifically meant for people who are "socially conscious" and also very nice. We're that friendly "do-gooder" type of vegan. :) We're good-natured and compassionate, AND we like to have a good time. :)
Whether you're interested in our Manhattan vegan restaurant dinners, our outdoor and waterside adventures, our Manhattan nightlife, music, and cultural escapades, or our Brooklyn events, we invite you to join us for any or all of the above. Being vegan only adds to our fun in the cultural and entertainment capital of the world.
Welcome Vegans and Aspiring Vegans!
37 St. Marks Place, New York, NY
Barely two weeks old, and very eagerly anticipated by vegans throughout the tri-state area, DF Mavens has just opened on the prominent East Village corner of St. Marks...
David G. (Organizer)
Needs a location
Due to popular demand and a wildly successful first run, we're putting together another talent show! This time, we're raising funds for The Beagle Freedom Project, an...
December 23, 2014 · 6:30 PM
Bryant Park Winterland Wonderland - A Vegan Heaven (with Discounts!)
I may be somewhat partial, however, there’s no place like New York City during the holiday season. During this annual festive period, the streets and shops are buzzing,... Learn more
August 29, 2014 · 8:00 PM
Coney Island - Friday Night Fireworks!
Many longtime New Yorkers don't know the following wonderful fact: All summer long, every Friday night in Coney Island there is a fantastic fireworks show! They are... Learn more
July 11, 2014 · 7:00 PM
Brooklyn Bridge Park Tour and Night Picnic
Have you ever been to Brooklyn Bridge Park? It's the best new thing in New York City! Join us for a Brooklyn Bridge Park Tour and Nighttime Picnic!
Some people say that... Learn more
June 16, 2014 · 7:00 PM
Vegan Dinner at Champs Bakery and Cafe in Williamsburg! (Limited to 18)
***This is a dinner at small vegan bakery and cafe (serving all-day breakfast) in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. There is one seating only at 7:00pm. Bring cash, it is cash... Learn more
May 7, 2014 · 7:00 PM
Vegan Dinner at Ayurveda Cafe
Ayurveda Cafe's slogan is "A place for balance" and the traditional Indian thali served here reflects that principle. Enjoy getting together with our NYC Vegans group... Learn more
See all past Meetups