NYC Vegans is for vegans, vegetarians and aspiring vegans. When we eat together as a group, we eat 100% vegan.
We're the little sister group to our 9,000-member big sibling group, The New York City Vegetarian & Vegan Meetup.
Here is what makes our smaller group unique:
* We've added a distinctly Brooklyn focus to our group. Whether it's picnics in Prospect Park, fireworks in Coney Island, hanging out in beautiful Brooklyn Bridge Park, or going to Brooklyn's amazing vegetarian restaurants, we'll be hosting events in Brooklyn year-round.
* We still love Manhattan. We're going to be painting the town red, as small groups of us go bar-hopping among Manhattan's top bars and lounges.
* Except for a couple of large outdoor events we host in the summer, we'll almost always be doing small events. Our group will continue its tradition of hosting dinners at Manhattan's best small vegan restaurants.
* I love the water. Many of our events will be next to (and on) rivers, bays, lakes, and the Atlantic Ocean.
* Expect to hear music, see plays, attend cultural events, go dancing, go drinking and clubbing, and generally do the unexpected, the exciting, the elegant, the relaxing and the beautiful.
* While this is primarily a social group, we will sometimes engage in vegan activism and animal rights activism.
This group is specifically meant for people who are "socially conscious" and also very nice. We're that friendly "do-gooder" type of vegan. :) We're good-natured and compassionate, AND we like to have a good time. :)
Whether you're interested in our Manhattan vegan restaurant dinners, our outdoor and waterside adventures, our Manhattan nightlife, music, and cultural escapades, or our Brooklyn events, we invite you to join us for any or all of the above. Being vegan only adds to our fun in the cultural and entertainment capital of the world.
Welcome Vegans and Aspiring Vegans!
Needs a location
Due to popular demand and a wildly successful first run, we're putting together another talent show! This time, we're raising funds for The Beagle Freedom Project, an...
January 26 · 7:00 PM
Vegan Dinner at New "Secret" V Spot w/Optional Free Comedy Show Afterwards
***Our dinner will have ONE SEATING ONLY, at 7:00pm sharp. Please plan to arrive on time. After dinner, there will be an optional free comedy show at 8:15pm.***
The... Learn more
Dec 21, 2015 · 6:30 PM
Bryant Park-A Vegan Heaven - Small Personal Tour w/Exec. Director Frank DiPrisco
NOTE: This will be an extra-special, small personal tour with Frank DiPrisco, Executive Director of the Winter Village at Bryant Park. We will take our time, see the... Learn more
Nov 23, 2015 · 7:15 PM
Vegan Outing to See The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 2 with Optional Dinner
The blockbuster Hunger Games franchise has taken audiences by storm around the world, grossing more than $2.2 billion at the global box office. The Hunger Games:... Learn more
Oct 21, 2015 · 6:00 PM
Vegan Dinner at the New Zen Palate!
**Come any time between 6:00pm and 9:00pm, stay as long as you want, or leave when you need to. Everyone pays for their own dinner.**
Zen Palate has long been a favorite... Learn more
Sep 18, 2015 · 5:30 PM
Vegan Picnic and Take-Out from Beyond Sushi’s New Midtown Location
***Please arrive at Beyond Sushi between 5:30pm and 6:30pm to pick-up or place your take-out order. We will be taking our meal to a nearby outdoor dining area (125 West... Learn more
See all past Meetups