Title of talk: How to Worry less and laugh more!
Background on our speaker – Noreen Callanan
After 15 years in the Corporate world, Noreen Callanan left what her mother called “her good pensionable job”‘ as an Executive Officer in Eircom to follow her passion. Noirin has spent the last 17 years working as a full-time, professional Natural Energy Healer & Meditation Teacher regularly seeing clients in her clinics at Glendalough, Co. Wicklow and Restore Clinic in Dublin 2.
Combining her experiences as a Healer/Meditation teacher with her hobby as a stand-up comedienne, Noreen endeavours to make you “worry less and laugh more”.
“Worry is like a rocking chair. It will give you something to do
But it won’t get you anywhere.” Benjamin Franklin
So what will be discussed?
• What is worry (negative visualisation) and why do we do it?
• The advantages and dis-advantages of worrying.
• Myths and perceptions about worrying. Do bad things really happen if we dare to stop worrying?
• What can we do to counteract worrying? How to worry effectively, one hour a day. This then allows 23 glorious worry–free hours per day!
• Laughter as the best medicine and a great antidote to worry.
• Tips on how find and enjoy laughter more often. Aim to die laughin’!
• Summary, conclusion and a handout on how to integrate these tips and ideas into your everyday life.
How the attendees will benefit from the seminar
1. When we laugh the brain releases the body’s natural, pain killing endorphins. It helps to strengthen our immune system
2. This talk will give you simple, practical techniques to help make the best of what you have, discourage negative thinking and as the song says “always look on the bright side of life “
3. Each attendee will be given a handout page of simple tips to help remind and encourage you to worry less and laugh more, daily!
€12 (€10 out work / student) on the door
Very relaxed and interactive meetup,
We will have demonstrations, opportunity to practice in groups and a great social atmosphere.
7:30 - 8:15 Seminar
8:15 - 8:30 Coffee break
8:30 - 9:20 Seminar wrap up
9:20 Onwards: Informal Social chat
Open to everyone to join and then socialize
Free tea/ coffee and biscuits and healthy snacks
FREE PARKING AT THE REAR OF THE BUILDING
When you drive into to the Lantern centre, continue right to the end where you'll find a number of parking spaces.
How to find us
• If you are coming the city centre by foot, go up Harcourt St ( away from the city centre ) and continue walking parallel with the luas line until you can't go any further. At this the luas takes a sharp left, you turn right.
• After the right turn, continue straight past one set of traffic lights until you meet a 2nd set of lights. There will be a spar on the opposite side of the road on your left. Cross over the road continuing in a straight line. You are now on Harrington St.
• You will walk past a cafe called Tiesan, there will be a laneway after the cafe, don't take this right but the following one.
• You are now on Synge St, walk down Synge St for about 200 metres and the Lantern is on your left handside.
• Walk in the main entrance between a red brick and grey brick building. The entrance will be 50 metres up on the left hand side.
There will be meetup signs outside