|Sent on:||Monday, December 5, 2011 8:16 AM|
I have an excellent client that is looking for 4 FT Python Resources. They are open to Junior level candidates. I have posted a job description below but keep in mind that the description targets more senior level resources, but all may apply. All positions include excellent compensation (depending on level of experience) and equity.
To apply for this position, please send your contact information and resume to [address removed]. As a standard practice, I will not submit your resume without first discussing with you and confirming who the client is. Your information will not be sold or redistributed in any way.
Senior Python Developer
· Develops quality software following best practices and standards. Provides feedback through development regarding overall platform engineering and proactively communicates problems.
· Assists in the definition of technology standards and best practices. Advising and mentoring junior engineers. Participates in the architecture phase. Takes ownership over backend components (e.g: geolocation) serving as Subject Matter Expert.
Sr. Python Developer Requirements
· 5+ years professional technology experience with a focus on software engineering
· Solid experience with Python
· Solid understanding and experience with:
o RESTful APIs (strong knowledge on HTTP connections and handshaking, resources distribution, protocol specifications)
o Django or similar frameworks
o Both NoSQL and SQL databases
o Text Search (solr, whoosh, lucene).
· Solid understanding of Geolocation technologies (hilbert curves, bounding geoboxes) a plus.
· Must have technical knowledge of Cloud architectures including SaaS, PaaS and IaaS (Amazon AWS, Rackspace and Google Apps Engine architecture)
· Solid understanding of memory management.
· Exposure to Mobile Application (native or web) development environment is a plus.
· Great experience developing web based systems in a Linux Environment
· Experience with Ruby, C++, Perl or PHP is a plus
· Experience creating distributed scale-out software architecture.
· Proficient with the technologies behind highly-scalable web services (i.e. caching, queues, etc.)
· Awareness of good OO design principles and how to apply them
· An appetite to seek and implement best practices
· MVC experience or at least a strong grasp of frameworks
· Positive attitude with an excellent work ethic and strong attention to detail
· History of working effectively in a team environment
· Passion for Agile development
· Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues
· Awareness of web site security issues including XSS, CSRF, SQL injection, and input validation
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field/experience
Partner - Staffing Division
Prosum Technology Services
Direct Line: (310)[masked]
Email: [address removed]
Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/in/kristenlauren
Job Postings: http://www.prosum.com/staffing/job-seekers/
Who do you know that is looking?
We offer referral bonuses up to $500 for qualified candidates.
Who do you know that is hiring?
We offer referral bonuses up to $1000 for qualified client leads.