[THE OFFERS DETAILED BELOW HAVE BEEN PROOFREAD. THERE IS NOT A MISTAKE OR A TYPO. THE OFFERS REALLY ARE THAT CHEAP, SO COME STRONG AND LET'S PACK THE PLACE.]
I'll have the pleasure of giving away over $1,000 in cool prizes to those in attendance who have already donated to our Cancer Research Fundraiser. There'll be thousands more in my Big Ol' Bag O' Goodies over the coming weeks, too. Every single donor in this effort will walk away with something of value, so I encourage you to try and make one of our upcoming events so I can hand things off in person and save on postage.
If you have yet to donate, please don't hesitate, as our deadline to make a pledge is Friday, August 15th. (Note that I can delay the cashing of any checks for a few more weeks after that until I deliver them to Boston.)
There are a few new events on our TRSN Horizon, but one in particular should catch your eye if you like inexpensive fun.
They say you can't judge a book by its cover, and we all know that sometimes the best restaurants are the modest little places with low overhead but delicious, inexpensive eats. Cueva de Lobos, at the corner of Avent Ferry and Gorman in the Avent Ferry Shopping Center, is just such a place... and the new guy in charge is our old buddy Mike, a huge Sox fan you'll remember as our friend from Rudy's of Apex.
Our team is in the basement, so Mike has invited me to structure something fun and inexpensive for our group. I'm now ready to go all in with Seanster's "Fun Down in the Basement" Party!
Interested in Cheap, Crazy Basement-Dweller Fun? Check out these silly, creative details:
1. Cueva de Lobos 99-cent Tacos
2. Cueva de Lobos 25-cent Wings
3. Cueva de Lobos 99-cent Samuel Adams Drafts
4. Cueva de Lobos buys your first Sam Draft if you've already donated (and donors get to keep the specially-designed Samuel Adams Glassware)
5. Cueva de Lobos gives you $5 off if you are to the first person to arrive in our private basement viewing area wearing anything with a Sox logo
6. Cueva de Lobos gives you $6 off if you are the first person to arrive in our private basement viewing area wearing a Sox shirt/jersey bearing the name of a player who has recently departed
7. Cueva de Lobos staff are specifically instructed to spill small amounts on or near you if you are wearing anything related to Carl Crawford or AJ Pierzynski (grin)
8. Cueva de Lobos gives you $8 off if you are to the first person to arrive in our private basement viewing area wearing any Yastrzemski shirt/jersey
9. Cueva de Lobos gives you $9 off if you are to the first person to arrive in our private basement viewing area wearing any Ted Williams shirt/jersey
There's a reason they call it "PLAYING out the string." Playing is fun, and fun is always its own justification. Details are below. Come join us!
TRSN Gathers for Astros-Sox and Seanster's Inexpensive "Fun in the Basement Party for Jimmy Fund Donors"
(99-cent Tacos, 25-cent Wings, 99-cent Samuel Adams Draft, Cueva de Lobos buys you a Sam if you've already donated)
Thursday August 14th - 7pm
(A new TRSN Event Location, with plenty of convenient parking in the strip mall parking lot nearby)
Ceuva de Lobos
3227 Avent Ferry Road, Raleigh NC 27607