Venturing Hoyas is a private group of Georgetown students and alum who are active in entrepreneurship and venture capital. Our mission is to create stronger community within our group, enabling members to meet, share, and collaborate. We plan to foster this community by hosting a number of social and professional events:
- Social events: Regularly scheduled happy hours, networking events, etc. The easiest way for us to quickly build a stronger network, get to know each other, and see if people within the group can be helpful to each other.
- Demo/Pitch days: Getting members of our community to pitch and showcase their ideas to get constructive feedback
- Speaker series: Welcoming experienced Hoya alum within the industry to host private chats with us to discuss their successes and failures
- Recruiting program: Getting a presence on campus in DC to recruit undergrad/grad students to summer internships and full-time opportunities at startups
- Mentorship program: Linking more experienced alum with recent graduates and first-time entrepreneurs in their respective industries
You will hear from us as we plan new events but please use this forum to engage with and meet other Venturing Hoyas.
You must be a current or past student or faculty member of Georgetown University to join.
Follow us on twitter: http://bit.ly/AE1TKc
Join our LinkedIn Group: http://linkd.in/w2xbC6