Hello 1001ers I thought it would be really fun to put together a list of 1001 really special "NYC" only activities that are true to the character of this city. Attending 1001 meetups would take a minimum of 4 years so i don't expect that any single person (including myself) would be able to get through the entire list, but nonetheless, it would be a fascinating list to look at!
This group is about getting out and enjoying this beautiful city we all share. Our task is to get there and make a few friends along the way!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * PLEASE READ * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Our group has a strict ANTI-FLAKE POLICY for you RSVP-aholics (2 No Shows=bye bye) This policy is mandatory to keep our group strong! * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * That said, lets get started, life's short AND our list is long!
*MUST PREPAY (Not Sold At Door) - https://dljparty.ticketleap.com/paint-your-pet/dates/
Bring a picture of your pet and you'll be guided in creating a great painting of him/her! You can also paint a picture of a loved one or of yourself!
• Important Requirement - Either one 8 1/2 x 11 or 11x 17 B&W PHOTO XEROX COPY OF YOUR PET (or other). If you can't get the picture printed out at either of those sizes, don't worry. Just try to get it somewhat close (within a few inches) and the artist will work with you to make it look great.
It also makes a fun gift! Paint it and give it to them as a gift. (You can go to their Facebook or Instagram page, look for a pic of their pet and print it out)
BY THE WAY... YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE ANY ARTISTIC ABILITY TO ENJOY THIS EVENT. FOR MANY PEOPLE ATTENDING IT WILL BE THEIR FIRST TIME PAINTING ANYTHING IN YEARS. THE ARTIST WILL WALK YOU THROUGH EVERYTHING STEP BY STEP.
Tipsy Pet Painting is a step-by-step, group-oriented painting instruction, which is designed to simultaneously entertain and enlighten our members.
With a brush in one hand and a drink in the other (doesn't have to be alcohol), join us for a unique, colorful way to spend the afternoon and also make new friends!
What to expect:
• 2+ hour course lead by an expert artist to teach you the art of mixing colors, blending and painting techniques.
• 12x16 pre-sketched canvas, acrylic paint (water-based), and all painting supplies (brushes, aprons, easels) supplied
• Drink & Food Specials (there is a 1 drink minimum purchase, can be non-alcoholic)
How many are attending? This event is being co-organized by several other groups. The # of RSVP's here are not reflective of actual attendance. Based on pre-sales, we'll have up to 25 members attending.
Can I still attend If I don't know how to paint? Yes, there's no experience necessary.
Can I come alone? Yes, about 80% come on their own.
Is this age/ethnic-specific? No, all are welcome, 21+.
*How do I attend? RSVP w/ group and register here - https://dljparty.ticketleap.com/paint-your-pet/dates/
*PREPAY ONLY EVENT. $35-$45, price goes up as the event date gets closer. This event will sell out. Can't purchase at the door.