What we're about
We are about one thing: hosting events for singles and married over 40 that provides opportunities for them to socialize, develop new friendships and simply do things with folks in their own age group.
HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER:
1. Your Privacy Settings must allow the Organizer to contact you.
2. Your profile name must include your actual first name (only the first name needs to be actual), plus:
- a last name
- a middle or last initial (you have 26 to choose from)
- no trade names, no business names, no dating site or nick names
3. Your profile photo must be a reasonable close-up of only you, with your face centered in the photo...and nothing else. Need help... Changing Profile Pic
3. You must be a resident of Alabama, 40 or over
4. You may not use the Meetup messenger system to contact our members without first getting their permission. You must actually meet them at an event. This software is NOT a dating site.
5. The Organizer may remove/ban any member for any reason at any time for failure to follow these rules. Therefore, members are not allowed to bring any previously removed/banned person to any of the 40+ Social Group events.
WHY DO WE REQUIRE THIS STUFF?
1. Organizers must be able to communicate directly with individual members
2. We are a social group and members must be able to address other members by their actual first name. Your 40+ Social Group profile name must be comprised of your actual first name (as described above) and something additional to make your profile name unique (we have numerous Steve's, Bob's and Debbie's) for searching and distinction. We now require a middle/last initial or last name to be approved for membership. Anonymity and cloaking is not allowed.
3. Everyone has TWO distinct Meetup profiles: (a) your main Meetup account profile and (b) your 40+ Social Group profile. The photo in your 40+ Social Group profile must follow the requirements described above. The closeup and centering requirement is so members can distinguish your face inside these small circles that Meetup software inserts your photo It also helps see your face on small mobile phone screens. Your face only in the photo, reasonably centered - we don't want anything else in the photo...because your friends, family, pets, children, favorite team and sunglasses are not asking to be members.
By the way, the small circles are centered on the entire photo, the software does not search for your face and place it in the center of the circle.
4. This requires no additional explanation. We are serious about this.
5. We simply want the opportunity to provide stuff to do so our members can socialize. When a person is removed or banned, it is exactly our decision and not made lightly. Typically, it is for blatant refusal to obey requirements, or for displaying a characteristics that we feel are counter to the personality of the group, or if the person is a rabble-rouser.
RELEASE: By accepting membership, you agree not to hold 40+ Social Group, it's Organizer, Co-organizers or Event Hosts responsible for negligence or anything that happens in connection with the 40+ Social Group event. By participating in our group events, you understand, agree and accept all direct or indirect risks
Below are the Terms of Service for which you agree when you use the Meetup software: Terms of Service
KEYWORDS: singles, married, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, music, dancing, hiking, kayaking, rafting, tubing, baseball, football, ballet, opera, concerts, skiing, bowling, racing, skeet, shooting, wine, camping, hockey, happy-hour, dining, dinner, orchestra, art, theater, musical, play, golf, paintball, movie, stallions, indy, grand prix, barons, whitewater