DBS Innovation Group and API Craft Singapore are teaming up to show you how to:
• Access over 200 APIs to help your customers complete their jobs to be done
• Experiment and test new features in DBS’s secure API sandbox
This is an opportunity for both internal DBS developers and the wider API Craft community to understand how DBS is embracing the challenges of creating a developer experience, coordination across multiple departments, scaling their back-end infrastructure, managing risk and complying with regulations.
You will learn about DBS’s partner developer process:
- Sign-up: Sign up for a developer’s account
- Experiment: Use the sandbox to experiment with the APIs
- Build for Real: Request production access for your app and go live!
Location: DBS Academy, 2 Changi Business Park Cres, Singapore[masked]
The closest MRT station is Expo, served by both the East-West (Green) line and the Downtown (Blue) line.
--- Programme ---
7.00pm: Doors open - mingle
7.20pm: Start of session, opening address by hosts
- DBS Open Banking journey
- Open APIs, their features and uses
- Sandbox features, worked example using the Parties API: retrieval of a user’s DBS profile
- How it works: Outline of the security, testing and governance processes from Sign-up -> Experiment -> Build-for-Real (gaining production access)
8:00pm: Breakouts: Break into smaller groups for tutorials on integrating DBS APIs into specific use cases. Tracks include use cases in:
- FX Rates: Retrieve current and historical exchange rates
- Funds Transfer: Allow consumers to make FAST transfers to merchants or other consumers
- Pay with Rewards points: Allow customers to redeem their DBS points as a form of payment
8:30pm: Community announcements / Further networking
--- Big thanks to our Hosts and Sponsors: DBS
Useful background reading:
DBS Developers Portal:
--- Getting here ---
This month's meetup will be at DBS Academy, 2 Changi Business Park Cres, Singapore[masked]
Please bring a photo ID to get through building security.
Getting here: The nearest MRT station is Expo, which can be reached by the East-West (Green) line or the Downtown (Blue) line.