Take the lead on your next adventure. The Canyon Leader course teaches the skills necessary to safely lead others in a canyoneering environment. Gain the confidence to take friends, family, kids, or anyone less experienced on your next canyoneering trip. Learn to manage the unique challenges that come with leading a group.
Prerequisite: Proficiency in the skills taught in the Technical Canyoneering (ACE-L1) and Advanced Canyoneering (ACE-L2) courses.
• Guided Rappels
• Group Gear Selection and Management
• Efficiently Moving Larger Groups Through Canyons
• Static Courtesy Rappels
• Dynamic Courtesy Rappels
• Lowering Systems
• Pre-Rigging Rappels and Rigging Kids for Rappel
• Protecting Ropes from Sharp Edges
• Top Belays, Hand Lines, Sequencing
• Rappelling and Ascending past Knots
• Converting a Static Block to a Lowering System
• How to Manage Rope Damage
• Improvised Harness for Emergencies
• Rappelling on a Munter Hitch
• Advanced Friction Options
Figure 8 for Rigging
6-8 Screwlock HMS Carabiners
48” sling or Foot Loop
Appropriate Shoes and Pack
Student’s will receive a 10% discount on all gear purchased for this course.
Day 1 (8:00 am - 3:00 pm) October 11, 2019
Meet at Adventure Plus for orientation and gear check. We will proceed to the training site for hands on instruction, training, and practice.
Days 2 (8:00 am – 3:00 pm) October 12, 2019
Meet at the training site. We will be in the field all day. Come prepared for 8-10 hours of hands on instruction, training, and practice.
Bring a lunch, snacks, and at least 2-3 LITERS OF WATER each day. You will also need appropriate footwear (no sandals or open toed shoes), sun protection, and rappel gloves.
Click Here to make payment (http://www.adventure.plus/module/class.htm?classId=197598)