What we're about
This meetup is taking a break while the organizer co-chairs Mile High Agile 2018. We'll be back once I have bandwidth again!
General meetup description:
FOR anyone who works in analytics, business intelligence (BI), data warehousing (DW), big data, data management, data modeling, data migration/ETL, reporting, etc.
WHO is interested in or actively applying agile approaches to data work
OUR Agile Data & Analytics Meetup will host a regular gathering
THAT will provide:
· Education on various aspects of this topic, presented by meetup participants and guest speakers
· Experimentation and debate on various ways to solve common problems
· Examples of challenges faced by attendees and their solutions
UNLIKE other local agile meet-ups, the Agile Denver Data & Analytics Meetup offers focus on challenges faced by data teams who want to follow an agile approach to delivering organizational/customer value, such as:
· Growing a team with cross-functional skills, when our industry has incented specialists for 30 years
· Tying all aspects of product delivery to business value, when we are used to having much of the “heavy lifting” in our projects be done “behind the scenes”
· Product ownership in situations where one team is delivering value across multiple organizational functions
· Test-automation and continuous integration for all layers of a data warehousing/business intelligence architecture.
Lynn Winterboer, 303-859-6233, Lynn@WinterboerAgileAnalytics.com