What we’re about
We differ from other local AI/ML meetups in the following ways:
- Local & social - We aim for local community building and idea sharing in the Ann Arbor / Ypsilanti area; most of our meetups are in-person.
- Generalist - We focus on the general topics of AI/ML, not on any specialized fields such as NLP or CV.
- Low barrier - Our participants are very diverse, including self-learners, business people, entrepreneurs, students, and those who just started their journey in AI/ML; no PhD degree is needed to participate.
We regularly meet the first Thursday of each month.
For online chat, please sign up on the Great Lakes Tech Leaders discord channel: http://gltl.rbn.ai and find #machine-learning-discussions. (Note: Old online chat: https://join.slack.com/t/a2mads/shared_invite/zt-e0sg7hgz-XfWMGP9llYgRd6m7cPLQJw).
Upcoming events (1)See all
- AI for Science Exam and Plagiarism Detection: 2 Examples from Kaggle CompetitionAnn Arbor SPARK Headquarters, Ann Arbor, MI
In this event, we'll walk through two Kaggle Competitions:
- Use LLM to answer science exam questions (compeition is finished already): https://www.kaggle.com/competitions/kaggle-llm-science-exam
- Detect AI generated essays (competition is still ongoing): https://www.kaggle.com/competitions/llm-detect-ai-generated-text
We'll look at some of the openly published code examples line by line to see how teams participlate in the competitions. We'll also have an open discussion if people want to form teams to participate in one of the competitions.
This meetup does not assume prior knowledge on AI/ML. Everyone is welcome.
- Venue is at Ann Arbor SPARK Central.
- Door opens at 5:30pm. Event will be 6pm~7pm. Door closes at 7:30pm.
- Pizzas and light refreshment will be served (thanks to SPARK for sponsorship).
- This is an in-person only event.