The 12th Annual Sacramento Freethought Day is Saturday, October 12, 2013, and combines the fun and atmosphere of a fair with the education and activism of a conference.
Join us for engaging speakers, live entertainment, family activities, an authors' panel, prizes, and more!
A Beautiful Location
We are thrilled to host Freethought Day at William Land Park, just across from the Sacramento Zoo. With the amphitheater adjacent to a gorgeous lake, plenty of shade and grass, and easy freeway access, this might be our best venue yet!
Speakers, Authors, and Entertainers
• Annie Laurie Gaylor, Freedom From Religion Foundation
• Sean Faircloth, Richard Dawkins Foundation
• Shelley Segal, Singer and Songwriter
• Richard Carrier, Author
• Greta Christina, Blogger and Author
• Jason Frye, LGBT Activist
• Carrie Poppy, Podcaster and Activist
• Keith Lowell Jensen, Comedian
• David Fitzgerald, Author
• Heina Dadabhoy, Skepchick and Activist
• Victor Harris, Poet
• Dan Riley, Author
• Andi Griffith, Author
• Neil Wehneman, Secular Student Alliance
Registration and Parking
Both registration and parking are free at Freethought Day!
We ask that you register in advance (http://www.freethoughtday.org/registration.html) to help us accommodate everyone that attends. In exchange for early (free) registration, you'll be eligible for door prizes!
Support and Volunteer
Freethought Day is an entirely non-profit endeavor, supported by the freethought community. Every donation supports this event 100% by helping us cover our speakers' costs, rent a venue, pay for advertising, and buy food for our volunteers.
Here are four ways you can help make Freethought Day a continued success (http://www.freethoughtday.org/support.html):
• Donate to Freethought Day: Those that wish to support Freethought Day will be recognized in the program and on the website. And you can show your support with a keepsake button, all for just $25.
• Fundraising Reception: Attend this special evening event on Friday, October 11th which features live entertainment, a selection of great appetizers and desserts, wine, and the company nearly all of our speakers for just $75. Also includes Reserved Seating at Freethought Day and more!
• Host a Table: If you're an author, business, freethought group, or any other community organization you can have your own table at Freethought Day. It's free for student groups, $25 for authors, $50 for non-profits, and $100 for businesses.
• Sponsorship: Businesses and organizations looking for exposure can sponsor Freethought Day starting at just $250. Benefits include reception attendance, on-stage announcements, an exhibitor table, program advertisements, reception tickets, and more.
For questions regarding support and volunteering, please contact David Diskin at david@LodiUnited.org or go straight to our Support page (http://www.freethoughtday.org/support.html).
With the support of the Secular Coalition of California (http://states.secular.org/states/california), October 11th (Friday) is Secular Lobby Day.
We'll gather at 8 AM to make a difference in our state and local government. Sign up for this special event (https://freethoughtday2013.eventbrite.com/?access=lobby) and help us change the face of politics.
Other Awesome Stuff
There's a lot going on at Freethought Day, so check out these links to learn more:
• Fundraising Reception (http://www.freethoughtday.org/reception.html)
• Family Fun Zone (http://www.freethoughtday.org/families.html)
• Bella's Blog about Freethought Day (http://www.freethoughtday.org/blog.html)
• Making it a Great Day (http://www.freethoughtday.org/greatday.html)
• Directions (http://www.freethoughtday.org/directions.html)
• Lodging and Visiting (http://www.freethoughtday.org/visiting.html)
Get last-minute details by reviewing our Official Website (http://www.freethoughtday.org/), or being a part of our Page on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/FreethoughtDay) and our Facebook Event (http://www.facebook.com/events/252746124848959/). Follow us on Twitter @FreethoughtDay.
Go to Attendee List