We meet to discuss and collaborate on strategies, best practices, and experiences around the Microsoft Power Platform and Business Intelligence stack, including:
• Power Platform (Power BI, Power Apps, and Power Automate (formerly called Flow)
• SQL Server BI (SQL Server Analysis Services and Reporting Services)
You'll learn from the experts, meet your peers, and enjoy pizza and drinks at each meeting. Meetings are free and are held on the third Tuesday of each month. We're a 100% volunteer-run user group. Our meeting location alternates between San Francisco and Sunnyvale.
Power BI integrates with external tools that can provide additional features and improve the productivity for report authors. Internationally known BI expert Marco Russo will describe how the External Tools feature in Power BI works, and analyze a few popular external tools like DAX Studio and Tabular Editor.
In various demos Marco will show:
* How to find the configuration file for external tools and its content
* How DAX Studio works as an external tool
* How Tabular Editor works as an external tool
* How to integrate a tool in Power BI
* How to improve authoring Power BI models by using Tabular Editor
* How DAX Studio can be used to query an existing Power BI model and investigate DAX performance or calculation issues