What we're about
This is a group for everyone interested in building applications using Apache Hadoop and other open-source, big data technologies.
Come and learn how to apply big data technologies to solve real world problems!
Meetup topics are focused on use cases, building end-to-end solutions, and making different technologies work together. The topics include technical presentations from open-source projects, open-source vendors and open-source users building big data applications. Topics include:
• Describing the technology behind a specific use-case (e.g. HBase at Flipboard)
• Making the best use of a project/technology (e.g. Spark performance tuning)
• Integrating different technologies (e.g. Using Apache Kafka as a reliable distributed message queue)
• Introducing new projects/technologies in the space (e.g. Introducing Apache Flink; CDAP is now open-source!)
• Evolution of existing projects/technologies (e.g. What's new in Cassandra 2.0?)
All meetups are recorded, and videos and presentations of the meetups are available here: bdam.io
Please reach out to email@example.com if you are interested in speaking at, or hosting/sponsoring a future meetup!
See you at the next meetup!