Apache Spark has taken the big data community by storm, but what does this mean to you? Come hack with us for a unique opportunity to experiment with capabilities of Spark and a chance to win up to $7,500. This 3-day hackathon will give you the chance to learn, test and extract value using Spark. Our experts will be on hand to offer guidance and tips as you hack your way to the finish.
You can find more info here: http://hackspark.github.io
Did we mention we will have $10,000 in cash prizes???
• 1st Place: $7,500
• 2nd Place: $2,500
• Max of 3 members per team.
• Original idea (not submitted to a previous hackathon).
• Successfully extract value using Spark.
• Use Data Scientist Workbench as the development and demonstration platform.
• Submit solution's code to the hackathon's GitHub organization. Your team must include all notebooks created in Data Scientist Workbench.
• Present solution to a panel of judges (10 minutes in total for presentation and demo).
• Innovation: How innovative is the solution?
• Relevance: Does it solve a real problem?
• Functionality: How functional is your code?
Friday, June 12th
4:00 PM Registration and Networking
5:00 PM Welcome and Introductions
5:30 PM Environment Demo and Hackathon Guidelines
6:00 PM Dinner, Team breakouts & idea creation
12:00 AM Wrap up for the day
Saturday, June 13th
9:00 AM Breakfast and Announcements
9:45 AM Get hacking!
12:00 PM Lunch
6:00 PM Dinner
12:00 AM Wrap-up for the day
Sunday, June 14th
9:00 AM Breakfast and Hack to the finish line
10:30 AM Hackathon stops! Presentation Prep
11:00 AM Presentations and lunch
• 10 minute presentations to a panel of judges
12:45 PM Closing announcements
1:00 PM Doors close
Winners will be announced Tuesday, June 16th!
Note there is a seat limit for this hackathon - please make sure you get on Slack on confirm your attendance.