Genome Compiler has built a free iGEM addition of their DNA design software (find it at igem.genomecompiler.com).
They are going to demo it to the BioC community and get your feedbacks.
The software includes features tailored to DNA work and molecular biology such as:
- An easy to use sequence and plasmid viewer and editor for making DNA and AA mutations, designing primers, viewing restriction sites etc
- Gibson assembly and restriction ligation wizards
- Auto-annotation of DNA sequence, including ORF detection
- Combinatorial library design
- AB1 sequence alignment
- Codon optimisation
- Cloud folder sharing
- Connection to DNA synthesis providers
Omri Amirav-Drory, Ph.D. is the founder & CEO of Genome Compiler Corp, a Synthetic Biology venture. Prior to starting his company, Dr. Amirav-Drory was a Fulbright postdoctoral research fellow at Stanford University School of Medicine & HHMI. Omri loves Science fiction, DIYbio, his wife and his 2 biological creations
This talk is open to all but we suggest $10 donation to BioCurious at the door.