Hello fellow bio nerds :). Have you heard of Nerd Nite, an evening, sometimes (usually) alcohol infused celebration of sicence and engineering? Well, not only is it a great series put on by the stellar team that created Standord Startup Weekend, but it is a platform to share your the projects you put your hearts and souls into. For a good cause :)
BioCurious is partnering with Nerd Nite for its next big event, with a majority of money raised going to support our hackerspace. Until then, we're looking for a few most excellent speakers.
Want to rep the bio demographic for nerd nation? Please shoot a mail to Andrew and Angela!
Thanks everyone! ❤ Eri
CALL FOR SPEAKERS
SUBJECT LINE: Curious? Eccentric? Thirsty? Nerd Nite Silicon Valley Needs You!
Following the success of Silicon Valley’s inaugural Nerd Nite we’re searching for future Nerd Nite stage stars!
Our events strive for an inebriated, salacious, yet deeply academic vibe, therefore please email us if you:
- Have (or can create) a twenty-minute presentation of nerd-tastic material.
- Can speak in front of an audience of fellow nerds without fainting or spontaneously combusting (actually, we’d be interesting in hearing about this).
- Enjoy beer (wine and liquor are equally acceptable).
Most importantly, while this is an educational event, our presenters should be funny and entertaining. This isn’t show-and-tell! Be creative. Bring your personality. Don’t take yourself too seriously. Previous presentations include:
- “The World’s Weirdest Fungi”
- “Dark Energy and the Fate of the Universe”
- “Bioengineering: Building Humans Better or Building Better Humans”
- “Iron Chef: Bar-Napkin Satellite Design”
- “Coral Sex Therapy”
Want to see what others have done? Check out NNSF’s videos here.
Are you ready for cheap booze and the adoration of your peers? Email the Silicon Valley Nerd Nite co-bosses [address removed] and [address removed] and let us know what you’d like to present.
Sent from my iPhone