What we're about
Hello Fellow Biohackers,
BiohackYYC is the intersection between optimal human performance & inventive science.
The sole purpose of the group is to:
1. Bring together like-minded people obsessed with optimal human performance
2. Allow like-minded individuals to share ideas, tools, & skill-sets surrounding biohacking & self-experimentation
3. Help DIYers who want to build performance-enhancing solutions rather than buy it (via the “maker” culture/movement & hackerspaces/maker spaces).
Whether you're high performing entrepreneur, top athlete, health nut, science nerd or total beginner, you’ll learn the art & science of hacking & taking control of your own biology to becoming superhuman.
We’ll dig deep into the various aspects of optimal mental, physical, & spiritual performance utilizing the latest tools, technologies & biology hacks.
You're more than welcome to come out to exchange ideas, learn or teach something, have a good time & of course, meet like-minded biohackers.
The BiohackYYC Meetups will host presentations, informal group gatherings & talks from major influencers within the biohacking & science/maker community. We'll also be aiming for monthly meetings.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
• Lifehacking / Metalearning / Lifestyle Design
• Flow State / Productivity
• Wearables / Gadgets / Tools / Apps / DIY Resources
• Nootropics / Smart Drugs / Cognitive & Brain Performance / Anti-Aging
• Bulletproof / 4 Hour Lifestyle
• Managing Stress / Anxiety
• Fitness / Training / Exercise
• Heart-rate Variability Training (HRV)
• Meditation / Neurofeedback / EEG / Hypnosis
• Sleep Enhancement / Tracking
• Diet & Personal Habits / Ketogenic / Paleo
• Fasting / Intermittent / Protein Cycling
• Nutrigenomics / Epigenetics
• Cryotherapy / Cold Thermogenesis
• Earthing / Grounding
• Mobility / Injury Recovery
• Fringe Technology
• Sensory Deprivation Tanks / Floating
• Detoxifying / Healing- Supplements / Nutraceuticals
• Entheogens / Psychedelics / Cannabis / Plant Medicines
• Binaural Beats / Lucid Dreaming
• Consciousness / Altered States
• DNA Sequencing / Blood Analysis
• Lasers / Light Therapy
• PEMF / tCDS / TMS / EMS
• Superfoods / Juicing
So if you have a desire to:
• Supercharge your performance
• Improve, share, & create DIY activities & tools
• Have an impact & contribute to the well being of others
• Become the perfect version of yourself
• Gain the unfair advantage over your competitors
• Maximize results- Learning through doing…
Then this group is for you.
We've been asked how people can get involved. Here are a few different things you can do to help out.
• Let us Know - We encourage everyone to join the conversation and let us know what topics you are most interested in, and write us with your recommendations, tips, and observations.
• Attend & Discuss – Stop by and participate in future meetings. You never know what impact you’ll have on someone.
• Speak or Present – We are always looking for passionate people to present on relevant topics so please contact one of the organizers with interest or recommendations.
• Venue / Sponsor – Currently, meetings are hosted at ARCHELoft (#200, 1209 1st St. SW, Calgary, T2R 0V3). If you have a business, office, lab, or co-working space where you would like to host a Meetup, we’d love to hear from you as we’re always on the lookout for fresh and interesting venues.
• Spread the Word – Know someone who should be a BiohackerYYC member? Send them the Meetup page. Feel free to promote the group through any form of social media too :).
RSVP early to help us make better Meetups
Please Note **
• This group is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure, or relieve the effects of diseases, and we advise you first to talk with your doctor before trying anything....... blah blah blah yada yada yada you know the drill.
• Multi-Level Marketing (MLM) / Referral Marketing / Network Marketing for Business purposes is prohibited.