Join the fun on mountain bikes! These Knobby Wednesday entry-level rides for beginner riders will give you a chance to practice your skills, have fun, and be safe riding trails. Before each ride we will review fundamental tips about riding, then we will head out on an entry-level trail ride. This is a family-friendly ride with two Ride Guides so nobody will get left behind.
This week we will be riding at Marshall Mesa, starting on the west side of the highway at the Flatirons Vista trailhead. Marshall Mesa is a beginner/intermediate riding area with moderate climbs and some rocky areas.
Aerobic Difficulty: 4/10
Technical Difficulty: 4/10
IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT THE RIDE
- Riders must sign a liability waiver once during the season. By signing up for this ride, you agree to our Waiver https://bouldermountainbike.org/sites/default/files/Waiver_0.pdf
- All riders MUST wear a helmet, bring water, and have a trail-ready bike.
- All riders ride at their own risk, group leaders take no responsibility for rider safety/injury.
- This is a no-drop ride.
- Riders should also carry basic tools: a spare tube in your correct tire size, a pump, tire lever, a chain tool and basic Allen wrenches. Snacks are recommended.
- Rides launch on time. Please arrive at 5:45, rides will roll at 6:00.
- If the weather is iffy make sure to check this page a few hours before the ride for updated info. If you signed up for the ride you should also receive an email in the event of a cancellation.
- For permitting and planning purposes, please sign up if you plan to join us.
The Boulder Mountainbike Alliance is a volunteer-run, membership-based, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. BMA's mission is to serve as a positive voice for mountain biking in the greater Boulder Colorado area by improving the trail experience for all users through skill clinics, social rides, events, advocacy, and trail building. Learn more about BMA here https://bouldermountainbike.org.
Send us an email if you have any questions - [masked]