All of us are smarter than one of us! Let's come together and:
BRAINSTORM: bring ideas, tips, coupons, resources, strategies, secret knowledge, musings, TimeBank tips, rebates, and more....... to figure out ways we can stretch our budget this year and Save. Money. We'll figure out ways to bust our budgets and buy big, buy best, and buy frugally (thanks Susan) so we can binge spend in other areas LOL! And we'll also have a nice evening with our friendly TimeBankering friends in the process!
At our first meeting, we identified general areas or topics for saving money: general, gasoline, groceries, clothing, household items, utilities, gifts, entertainment, pharmaceuticals/medical/health/wellness, pets, and cleaning. We took 2 topics and discussed them: general and clothing. At this our second meeting, the group will select the 3 topics most of interest and see how far we get!
BRING: one or two salad ingredients, or sides, or dressings, for a potluck salad. Jan will supply the lettuce and tomato. It's okay if someone brings chocolate or dessert, but not everybody okay? We will need some meats, cheeses, eggs, cucumber, olives, feta cheese, side dishes, etc for a great chef's salad!
HOMEWORK IN ADVANCE: Bring a list of areas or things you would like to save money on. Okay, we can't reduce your HOA payments, but let's see what we can do in other areas.
BRING ALSO: knowledge of where you're a whiz at saving money. For example Jan can tell you:
*where to buy front zip sports bras for $5, new. Really comfortable.
* where you can get free financial planning in Boulder (I just learned about this one!)
* best places to get vitamins online at the lowest prices
* Overseas pharmacies that have great prices (I pay 70% less for my cat's inhaler than Walmart pharmacy)
* a new pet pharmacy that cost 50% less than my vet charged me for anti-inflammatories
* make your own dishwasher soap for low cost - works great
* can we, TimeBank members, find ways to get firewood together from free sources around Boulder this summer? Collaboration!!!!!
* How to get rebates for shopping online..... and more!
Because it is in a private residence, this event is for TIMEBANK BOULDER members only. If you are a member of the TimeBanking and Sharing Economy meetup, please join TimeBank Boulder to attend this event. Start the joining process at www.timebankboulder.org. My house is small so sign up early to assure your spot.