1125 18th St. 320 UCB, Boulder, CO
Ah, learning! What a great thing to do together.
We're currently working through the classic machine learning course by Andrew Ng. Each week, we'll work through one section of the course material, and then on Monday we'll get together for two hours:
• The first hour (6-7pm) will be presentation and group discussion of the material, and then
• The second hour (7-8pm) we will split off into smaller working groups based on our level of knowledge and particular interests.
• THE CLASS: https://www.coursera.org/learn/machine-learning
• COMMUNITY FORUM: Join our Slack group, the "online-courses" channel: https://bds-slackin.herokuapp.com/
• EXTRA RESOURCES: The class is very self-contained, but here's our Meetup group page of resource links. We can add to it as much as we want during the class! http://boulderdatascience.github.io/data-science-resources/
• CONFERENCE CALL: If you can't join any given week and want to dial in, here's the info for that. Phone number:[masked]-1230. Access code: 157936.
• We would like for people to work through as much of the course material as they can before Monday, so that our time together can be spent looking at particularly difficult questions and diving into deeper aspects of the material.
• The course exercises are technically in the language Octave, but most people are choosing to work through the material in a different language of their choosing. Many people are choosing Python, some R, and a few are going with other languages. If you want to submit assignments to Coursera itself, though, you will need to write your solutions in Octave.